Lost Disney booklet with luggage tags

Pharmguy83

Hey everyone I have a question for a colleague that I know someone can probably answer here.

During their move they seem to have misplaced the Disney booklets that had their luggage tags in it. Now they are heading to Orlando on Saturday and don't have it. I can't imagine that this is a huge issue as you can always book within a period of time which you won't receive the documents but I just want some more expert advice as I have never sailed on Disney (YET!!).

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone I have a question for a colleague that I know someone can probably answer here.

During their move they seem to have misplaced the Disney booklets that had their luggage tags in it. Now they are heading to Orlando on Saturday and don't have it. I can't imagine that this is a huge issue as you can always book within a period of time which you won't receive the documents but I just want some more expert advice as I have never sailed on Disney (YET!!).

Thanks in advance!

There's really nothing in the booklet that they must have. If they are taking DCL transfers from the airport to port, then there is a little bit more work involved. They will need to claim their luggage at the baggage claim and take it with them to the DCL Transportation check in. Once there, they have luggage tags that can be put on the bags and they won't see them again until the bags arrive at their room onboard the ship later.

If they are driving, the porters at the port have luggage tags to place on their bags when they drop off.

Beyond that, all they need will be their IDs for checking in.

Exactly as above. Replacement/additional luggage tags are available at bell services at any WDW resort, the Welcome Center at MCO (lower level terminal 2), and the porters at the cruise terminal. You have to hit one of those places before you board!

As above--no DCL luggage tags means they must claim their luggage after flying in and take the luggage to the welcome center where it will be tagged. Normally if you have DCL transfers, you can bypass baggage claim entirely as the DCL tags will send the bags directly to Disney rather than to the carousel.

• 1 year later...

For Orlando, if you do not have the luggage tags but do have DCL transfers, it is not necessary to claim your luggage. Bring your claim checks to the DME area and they will create tags and have the cast members find your bags and send them. Who wants to haul all that luggage through the airport?

For Orlando, if you do not have the luggage tags but do have DCL transfers, it is not necessary to claim your luggage. Bring your claim checks to the DME area and they will create tags and have the cast members find your bags and send them. Who wants to haul all that luggage through the airport?

This is true, but.....it has risks. WIthout Disney tags, your luggage will be placed on the carousel where any idiot who doesn't know how to read a luggage ID tag can take it. DCL will take the claim check numbers and look for it, but if some jerk has already taken it there is nothing they can do other than put a tracer on it. Yes, I spent 4 days without luggage because some stupid individual lifted my bag. At least they returned it days later when they realized their mistake. All of this despite brightly colored tape (oh yeah, we wondered why the airline did that......)

We stand at the entrance to the carousel where the bags are dumped and claim them as soon as they appear--no sense in giving idiots a chance.

When you have Disney tags on your bag, they never make it to the carousel so the general public has no access to it.

That's why it might be worth dragging your bags thru the airport. You know that you have them!