Booking future cruise onboard

I am curious- if I pick a cruise I want to take in 2016 and book it now, picking my cabin, etc. Am I allowed to cancel that booking onboard and rebook it under their future cruise booking promotions? How does this change if we book with an agent? Does it have to be canceled only by the agent? Should I book direct, and then can I do the Future Cruise Booking onboard and then transfer it to an agent when I get home? Would I still get their promotions? What are the promotions right now for booking a future cruise while onboard?

Thank you! :)

You cannot change a booking that has been done prior to the cruise. So, no, you cannot cancel on board and rebook it to get the onboard savings. If you book on board, you can transfer it to a TA. You can get the same promotions on board that they offer on their website or by phone. The promotions for booking on board can be found on the RCI website.

If you book the cruise yourself there would be nothing stopping you from cancelling on board and re booking. There is a very slight chance that in the process of doing that your room could be taken by someone else. You would lose any promos that you received when you origionally booked and would also be subject to paying the current price which could have gone up.

The promos for booking on board do not change. They are in addition to whatever promotion is currently running as long as they are not specifically excluded. They are listed below.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

You have 60 days in order to transfer the reservation to a travel agent.