upgrade fairy called BUT...

hmg1215

We are sailing this Sunday on Splendor from Miami. The upgrade deal seemed sweet; for $400 total we upgraded from two interior cabins to two balcony cabin on deck 8 (8354 and 8358). The guy on the phone said that cabins are side by side. I was so happy that I jumped on the deal.

Now I am looking at the deck plans and see that those cabins are right under the lido deck. Now I worry about the noise and scraping of chairs. An the cabins are not side by side, despite what the guys said.

I am still pretty happy about having balcony cabins. But I am not sure if the deal is as sweet as it sounded at first.

Does anyone have any idea if the noise will be really bothersome?

We are sailing this Sunday on Splendor from Miami. The upgrade deal seemed sweet; for $400 total we upgraded from two interior cabins to two balcony cabin on deck 8 (8354 and 8358). The guy on the phone said that cabins are side by side. I was so happy that I jumped on the deal.

Now I am looking at the deck plans and see that those cabins are right under the lido deck. Now I worry about the noise and scraping of chairs. An the cabins are not side by side, despite what the guys said.

I am still pretty happy about having balcony cabins. But I am not sure if the deal is as sweet as it sounded at first.

Take some cheap ear plugs just in case because being under the pool deck you will probably hear them dragging chairs all night as they completely clean the Lido deck.

Still.....having a balcony is great!!

Just off the Glory and we had a balcony under the buffet. Never heard any noise that was bothersome at all.

thank you for reassurance. I will enjoy the cruise no matter what. I will take some earplugs just in case.. I can take a lot but I don't like my sleep to be interrupted :D

Two more days! Can't wait for some sunshine. It's dreary in Mass right now

for 400 total to move two cabins from inside to balconies IS an awesome deal.

BUt these two cabins are located right under the pizza kitchen. which is opened 24 hours a day.

when standing ordering your pizza--look left at those tables-- that is where your cabin is under

One must always ask why the cruise lines would wish to upgrade a passenger for either no additional costs or for a discounted rate. In most cases it is because the cabin that you are already in is desirable and Carnival can easily book it. The upgraded cabin in may instances has problems which makes it less desirable.

Several years ago Carnival "upgraded me" without our consent. When I saw the schematic of the ship I immediately refused the upgrade, but it took over one hour arguing to the supervisor to have our original cabin returned.

Certainly Balcony Cabins are more desirable. However, despite what individuals say, cabins under the Lido Deck can be very noisy do to dragging of deck chairs during the day and cleaning the deck at night.

For an individual who is a "heavy sleeper" this is no problem. For individuals who are light sleepers and wish to be able to retire to a quiet area, it can be a big big problem.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We were in an inside cabin on the Sunshine at Labor Day - deck 3, right under the night club. We had let Carnival pick our room. The room was fine, we brought ear plugs just in case, but I ended up putting the TV on the music channel for a little background noise & covering it with the dark beach towel, but we honestly never really heard any noise. I think I will end up doing that if we ever have a potentially noisy room again.

Penny:)

I have stayed under the Lido deck a few times before and it really is not a big deal. You will occasionally hear the scraping of deck chairs and maybe a little music but it really isn't that loud or that often. Enjoy your upgrade.