Is the express ferry to Moorea the one by the TP dock?

missbsmom

Took the TP in 2004 and LOVED IT!!. Going back with a group that met one another though CC next spring. WE are going over to Moorea post cruise. I want to take the express Ferry (25-30 minutes) Is this the one that is near where we dock? Do you need to make advance reservations? If so how did you do it? ARe tickets sold one way or can you buy round trip? Is it cheaper to buy the round trip? Do they run pretty regularly? We are staying at the Sheraton Moorea, about how far is it for the dock? thanks for any info.

I don't remember if return tickets were cheaper. We were able to walk up to the ticket office about 15 minutes before the express ferry left and got on it. The slower ferry docked beside it. They run quite frequently during the day but stop early at night. We also stayed at the Sheraton but weren't impressed. From memory it was about a 10 minute taxi ride to the ferry. We also caught a Le Truck which goes to the ferry terminal and dock. It stops on the road directly in front of the Sheraton. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Andy

Took the TP in 2004 and LOVED IT!!. Going back with a group that met one another though CC next spring. WE are going over to Moorea post cruise. I want to take the express Ferry (25-30 minutes) Is this the one that is near where we dock? Do you need to make advance reservations? If so how did you do it? ARe tickets sold one way or can you buy round trip? Is it cheaper to buy the round trip? Do they run pretty regularly? We are staying at the Sheraton Moorea, about how far is it for the dock? thanks for any info.

There are two express ferry companys now. Moores Express is new. I purchased a one way ticket becuase I wasn't sure what time I wanted to return and who would have the best time when I did. I just purchsed my tickets at the dock about 15 minutes before departure.

I absoultley loved the Sheraton!! We didn't want to leave. On Moorea the Sheraton is located about 30 minutes from the ferry dock. Taxi is 3,000cfp or you can set up transfers through the Sheraton for only 1,000cfp for 2 people. If you know what ferry time you plan to take you can e-mail them and arrange this in advance.

I returned almost weeks ago and posted a review under this board for the Sheraton Moorea. I still have to finish the rest of my review on TP though. I just have to find the time!!

Judith

Sorry folks, I misread the post; thought you were referring to the Sheraton in Papeete. Yes, the Sheraton Moorea is a delight with a lovely setting, great snorkelling and first rate accomodation, especially the overwater units.. The one in Papeete is a very different story.

Cheers,

Andy

Archived