Astor has arrived for her Australian Cruising Season

Fremantle welcomed the cruise ship Astor today .

13astor1_zps6356d58c.jpg

13astor2_zpscffb036d.jpg

Here is her season of cruising in Australia.

15-Dec-2014Australia5 NightsAstor, Southern Explorer Cruise ex Fremantle Return

20-Dec-2014Asia10 NightsAstor, Bali Cruise ex Perth (Fremantle) Return

30-Dec-2014Australia3 NightsAstor, Australia Cruise ex Fremantle Return

05-Jan-2015Asia10 NightsAstor, Bali Cruise ex Perth (Fremantle) Return

19-Jan-2015Australia5 NightsAstor, Southern Explorer Cruise ex Fremantle Return

24-Jan-2015Australia3 NightsAstor, Australia Cruise ex Fremantle Return

27-Jan-2015Australia33 NightsAstor, Grand Round Australia Voyage ex Perth Return

09-Feb-2015Australia20 NightsAstor, Australia Voyage ex Sydney to Perth

01-Mar-2015Australia5 NightsAstor, Southern Explorer Cruise ex Fremantle Return

07-Mar-2015Australia5 NightsAstor, Southern Explorer Cruise ex Fremantle Return

13-Mar-2015Australia3 NightsAstor, Australia Cruise ex Fremantle Return

16-Mar-2015World Cruises & Sectors17 Nights Astor, Northbound Voyage ex Perth to Cape Town

Anyone who's interested in the future of Astor since its owners declared bankruptcy last month... Cruise Critic has news about the ship's possible sale here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6103

Thanks for that info. It all looks promising.

We saw her in port today and DH commented that she would be a ship that would roll around a lot. Can anyone comment who has been on her? I thought she was a neat little ship.

I have not been on that ship, but anyone booking would have to be aware that they would feel ..

"the motion of the ocean".

For some , that may be the main reason they book . Once you get used to the motion ,you dont notice it, except when you come ashore .:eek:

Thanks for that info. It all looks promising.

I have not been on that ship, but anyone booking would have to be aware that they would feel ..

"the motion of the ocean".

For some , that may be the main reason they book . Once you get used to the motion ,you dont notice it, except when you come ashore .:eek:

I've been on the Funchal (small ship)out of Fremantle - and the "motion of the ocean" was there. :p trying to get from one place to another was a bit like foxtrotting , slow, slow, quick, quick, slow - and that was just getting from the bar to the table with drinks :D More prevalent at night. Plenty of "free style dancing" on and off the dance floor. :rolleyes: Have friends going on the Astor on the 20th Dec - going up the West Coast - I'll check their colour when they come back - see how green they are (joking of course - I hope) :eek: :D

Edited by dizzy1948

I've been on the Funchal (small ship)out of Fremantle - and the "motion of the ocean" was there. :p trying to get from one place to another was a bit like foxtrotting , slow, slow, quick, quick, slow - and that was just getting from the bar to the table with drinks :D More prevalent at night. Plenty of "free style dancing" on and off the dance floor. :rolleyes: Have friends going on the Astor on the 20th Dec - going up the West Coast - I'll check their colour when they come back - see how green they are (joking of course - I hope) :eek: :D

My favorite ship sailing from Freo was the Athena, friend of Funchal. Both have since been sold. Interestingly, CMV have chartered the old Athena now named Azores, Would love to see her back here. And yes you do get the 'motion of the ocean" but thats why I cruise. I don't have any intention of utilizing the mega ships. 1500pax is my choice, but have to bite the bullet sometimes and go to 2000. I Have been to Japan and back, and sailed from Uk home via the Suez on Athena. I hope she returns, but CMV are a lot dearer, than when she sailed under the International flag. K

The newer and more stable ships suit me better, I will leave the rolling to and fro for the dancers.:rolleyes:

Look on the bright side - if you couldn't dance before you got on - you sure would be able to when you get off.................next gig "Dancing with the Stars"- anything's possible :eek::D