Dynamic dining on Allure of the Seas

Allure goes into dry dock in May 2015 and will at that time re-do the MDR to accommodate

DD. I doubt if you can make reservations until that time for an October sailing. We are on the Oct 4/15 sailing and are planning to do our reservations for dining and entertainment about 3 months prior to sailing.

So here is a genuine question/concern I have. I have a total family of 6 to plan meals for. How am I supposed to plan to the "t" which meals the kids will be eating with us and which they won't? Do I just book all 6 for all dinners and then just show up with 3 some nights? Seems pretty inefficient to me...

Just book the table for 6, this way they have a spot...............but...........

kids being kids...............if they dont show........................there are

many places for them to eat, they wont starve and they may want to eat with there new found friends.

We had one rule with our sailing DD over the years..............dinner would be with us, you will have enough time to be with your new found friends.

Sea Ya

So here is a genuine question/concern I have. I have a total family of 6 to plan meals for. How am I supposed to plan to the "t" which meals the kids will be eating with us and which they won't? Do I just book all 6 for all dinners and then just show up with 3 some nights? Seems pretty inefficient to me...

As said, having a reservation for each night for 6 will provide 'peace of mind' that you have space at a given venue at a specific time. Changes can then be made on availability for each day as you see fit.

When you arrive to the Host/Hostess station at each venue you are asked how you want your seating.

Table size is a request, while dining time is a reservation. As a party of 6 you would be seated together or could share directly or wait until a table for only 6 is available.

With DD you do not have a specific table booked, but only a dining time. Seating is handled by each venue when you have actually arrived. If your whole party has not arrived, you either cancel the slots for those not with you or you will wait to the side until the entire party is present to be seated.