11/15/14 Reflection Top Chef Cruise Photo Review from the eyes of a family with teens

ShellDil

I'm really enjoying this review! We've talked of sailing Celebrity so this is giving me a great idea of what to expect. We've only done Royal & a few short Carnival out of Long Beach. I've been told that Celebrity is a little to "dressy" for some.

I had no idea they did top chef events on Celebrity...not that I'm a huge foodie but that's pretty cool. Looks like a great time.

I've been all the way forward on Liberty OTS and only heard noise when docking...so I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

GREAT review!

Thanks for the great review. I might have missed it but can you provide information on the "non complimentary" TOP CHEF events you experienced on board Reflection? We are considering the 11/14 sailing this year and would like to know what to expect. Thanks.

Thanks for the great review. I might have missed it but can you provide information on the "non complimentary" TOP CHEF events you experienced on board Reflection? We are considering the 11/14 sailing this year and would like to know what to expect. Thanks.

Thanks!

The paid Top Chef events were the cooking class we did with Hosea and the dinner Keith and with Casey. Everything else was no charge. If you go back through the review you can read about the details. We really enjoyed both events we paid for, especially the cooking class.

This years Top Chef cruise looks great! It looks like they've added a couple more chefs and more events! If you book, you'll have a great time I bet!

• 2 months later...

Wonderful report, thanks so much for taking the time to share! Very glad your kids enjoyed the teen club- and very interesting about the club on Allure. We cruise a lot on Disney, and we went on Explorer one year- my kids were miserable, although they did make lots of friends, they were just bored- because the staff rarely followed through on anything planned. Or if they did (like rock climbing), if you showed up 15 minutes in they said sorry too late. Now I can't get them to go on Anthem, and I REALLY think they would love the ship! But they will have none of it, all because of that one cruise years ago. And they say cruising is their favorite vacation, too. Anyway... thanks again for sharing all of your experiences! :)