Royal, Princess, or Carnival

Trying to decide on a cruise, summer of 2015, for teenage daughter, her best friend and Mom. Have been on Navigator several times. Should we stick with Royal or try new line? And, leaving out of Houston or Galveston.

Edited by momof4turner

I base our cruises on the Itinerary and pricing then ship. We have sailed on Princess and received wonderful service, but feel RCCL suits us better overall. Rooms are smaller on Princess so considering your teenage daughter I would stick with RCCL. I can't comment on Carnival. If pricing and itinerary are close you might want to give Carnival a try.

We have a 16 year old and will be cruising Navigator out of Galveston next week. We did Carnival Magic last year (first time cruiser) and loved it. Will be happy to report back after we return to give you a comparison of the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have cruised with Carnival twice. Its not that it is bad but its not great either. The food is decent. The best way I can describe the difference is this...Carnival reminds me of Holiday Inn. Nothing wrong with Holiday Inn...clean rooms but somewhat bland/sparse interior compared to Marriott and Sheraton. The clientele of the hotels are also similar. Princess is a great cruise line. So is Royal Caribbean. To me Princess is a little more sophisticated but Royal has amazing things for kids. This year I cannot choose Princess because I think Royal will offer so much more for my little guy.

I have cruised with Carnival twice. Its not that it is bad but its not great either. The food is decent. The best way I can describe the difference is this...Carnival reminds me of Holiday Inn. Nothing wrong with Holiday Inn...clean rooms but somewhat bland/sparse interior compared to Marriott and Sheraton. The clientele of the hotels are also similar. Princess is a great cruise line. So is Royal Caribbean. To me Princess is a little more sophisticated but Royal has amazing things for kids. This year I cannot choose Princess because I think Royal will offer so much more for my little guy.

Liked how you described Carnival. I see it thru the same eyes as you do.