Carnival check in at MIA Airport

cmich068

So I'm staying at an Airport Hotel near MIA the night before my upcoming cruise on the Breeze. Noticed that the cruise docs mention a check-in counter at MIA.

I'm going to be taking a taxi to the port on cruise morning, is there any value in taking the free hotel shuttle to MIA, doing Carnival's check-in there, and then taking a taxi to the port, or am I just as well off grabbing a cab directly to the port?

I loved the convenience checking in at the airport...you bypass the long lines at the port.... Once we passed the security line you are herded to a special check in where they exchange your airport express card for a boarding number... Very easy. So the only line I waited in was the 2-3 people in front of me at the airport

I loved the convenience checking in at the airport...you bypass the long lines at the port.... Once we passed the security line you are herded to a special check in where they exchange your airport express card for a boarding number... Very easy. So the only line I waited in was the 2-3 people in front of me at the airport

if you arrive at the port between 10:30-11am there is not that many people in the check in.

To leave a hotel room to do a checkin at the airport then go to the ship seems to take a bit longer.

If already at the airport-- i would do it.

Edited by serene56

I will be flying in the day prior as well and do plan to take the free shuttle back to the airport to check in. Not only can I check in at the airport, but the taxi rates are fixed from the airport to the pier and will save us $$.

I will be flying in the day prior as well and do plan to take the free shuttle back to the airport to check in. Not only can I check in at the airport, but the taxi rates are fixed from the airport to the pier and will save us $$.

How is that saving money? A cab from the pier to the Red Roof was $27 for us. I'm not seeing your logic.

I'm going to be taking a taxi to the port on cruise morning, is there any value in taking the free hotel shuttle to MIA, doing Carnival's check-in there, and then taking a taxi to the port, or am I just as well off grabbing a cab directly to the port?

The MIA check-in is great if arriving at the airport. Already at your hotel there is just no value in going back to the airport to check in versus just going to the port.

Wouldn't waste my time checking in at the airport unless I'm already there. There are only a few people working the counters and I have seen the line incredibly long. It can be much quicker at the port itself. Save the time and aggravation - just take a cab from the hotel directly to the port and bypass all the airport mess both inside and out.

Wouldn't waste my time checking in at the airport unless I'm already there. There are only a few people working the counters and I have seen the line incredibly long. It can be much quicker at the port itself. Save the time and aggravation - just take a cab from the hotel directly to the port and bypass all the airport mess both inside and out.

Yep, what she said....

I would definitely not waste my time with this. What is actually a great convenience, if you were going directly to port from MIA, will most likely become an unnecessary hassle. It may save you a couple bucks in cab fare (not totally sure how), but sometimes time has more value.

As others have said, get to the port early (10:30 - 11:00). Check-in, at that time, is a breeze. :)