What was you experience with GTY ?

Tatka

When does it usually get assigned?

We booked about 4-5 days ago for November... will we know only when we board the ship or may be before? Is it possible to check this?

Nov. is slow season so you might know your cabin well in advance and you might be upgraded. But you might arrive at the dock with TBA documents. Then you would find out you cabin # from the porters manifest. That's not a problem, it happens many times every cruise.

Dan

With as many posts on here how to find your cabin assignment I am surprised you havent come across any. Assignments are usually done with 40-48 days before sailing. People get assigned before final payment--which is rare. Booking only 4-5 days ago- you might not get an assignment until 3-5 days before your cruise.

When does it usually get assigned?

We booked about 4-5 days ago for November... will we know only when we board the ship or may be before? Is it possible to check this?

With the exception of my last cruise with my son, I cruise SOLO. Tatka, and have been upgraded the last 2 times (from inside gty to oceanview). I received these upgrades at the pier, but in all fairness, I also book last minute so there was little time to notify before.

There are ways to "check" this, but even if you find out your cabin #, it may only be temporary as they are frequently changed the absolute last minute (a year ago on the PRIDE, I went through the entire embarkation process with someone else's name on my cabin right up until taking the pic for my Sail'n'Sign card ) ! ! :eek:

By the way, WELCOME to the Carnival boards. I've been reading your posts for some time on the HAL boards (I was interested in the Zuiderdam a couple of years ago). :)

My September 3 Glory cruise is the first one of nine cruises that we have booked a balcony gty. We were given an assignment in the minimum balcony category at 68 days, Found it by the gift method. No problem with the assignment. Thjen a few days later we noticed the price had dropped on the gty balcony so I emailed my online TA. Within two days, I received a return email stating that I was being moved from the minimum balcony 8A to an 8D on the Lido deck. Got my documents last week and I do have the Lido cabin assigned with proper luggage tags. Looks like a great location...the last cabin before entering the glass doors to the Lido pool, buffet, etc. We are pleased. But would have been pleased with any balcony. And not sure if my letter to my TA about the price drop brought about the upgrade. Oh well. I'm happy and my wife is happy so what the heck>

Archived