Times on and off the ship

Newcruiser1996

FAO kruzseeker and the OP. We've had the same problem while trying to plan both p&o and independent excursions for Ventura trip in February (e.g in Tortola we'd like to do excursion in the AM and then find a beach in the PM but difficult to organise if you don't know the departure time of P&O excursion and what time ship docks and departs!).

I've tried loads of websites and Ventura just doesn't feature on some of them as you say. However I did find the exact timings on the iglu cruise website instead of the vague timings you get from p&o and bolsover. So you may find it on there. It does seem a bit fishy that P&O don't release the times.

Thanks for that tip. I've looked it up and on the face of it got all the arrival departure times for our cruise. Then....... I cross-checked with the Morning/Early Afternoon/Evening type descriptions in our cruise info from P&O. Philipsburg is supposed to be 'Afternoon' but on that schedule I've just pulled up it says 18.00, Curacao says 17.00 but according to P&O is 'Early evening' so sadly there are some inconsistencies (there are other examples that don't match up) which may mean they aren't accurate. Pity - would have been very useful.

Hi dreadnought101, are you aware that you will be tendering in Tortola?

........... or even not visiting the island at all? We were on Azura last week and the weather denied us the opportunity to drop anchor; tendering in would have been far too dangerous; so we had an extra day at sea. P&O made a full refund for the excursion within hours.

Given the proximity of islands it's a shame they couldn't have found an alternative - even if for only for a half day.

I don't think it's ever going to be 100%, however. I've just looked up our Aurora cruise to the Med in May and it says we'll be in Venice until 0800 on the 26th May and then in Koper from 0800 on the 26th May, with no 'At Sea' time. I know they aren't far apart but that's clearly impossible.

In the past I've found the individual port websites to be quite useful, as they will often tell you where you will be moored as well, which can be of help when planning independent travel in a port.

Tony

You need to look up the Port Web Site, then Cruise Ship arrivals. Most ports have such sites, and the timings quoted are pretty much 90% accurate. As an example try looking up Port of Gibraltar - Cruise Ship arrivals first.

I check all the ports I am going to. Lisbon / Barcelona/ Gib/ Malta etc are all listed.

:)

Oh thanks so much for this information :) I was just going to ask about this and found this thread. Agree with you Kruzseeka this is a very odd way of going on. Sadly Fred Olsen do the same thing. Thomson, however, do put the times in port and I have to say that they stick to them very well, even if they are held up at a port by tardy passengers, they still seem to arrive on time at the next port.

I'm afraid I can't make head nor tail of cruisett! Apparently on 22nd April 2015, Oceana is in Southampton, Seville and at sea :confused:

However, iglu is fabulous and give all the times

FYI - Oceana repo cruise -

Cruise Itinerary

Depart 1 Southampton

00:00 17:00

2-3 At Sea - 2 days

4 Lisbon, Portugal

07:00 18:00

5 Seville

08:00 17:00

6 Gibraltar

08:00 18:00

7 At Sea

8 Barcelona

08:00 17:00

9 Cannes

07:00 18:00

10 Florence & Pisa (Livorno)

08:00 18:00

11 Genoa/Fly UK

07:00 00:00

Itinerary details & timings may be subject to change

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Hi Linda.

As you know we are on the same cruise.

From trawling the port websites the bits I have found different from the Iglu data are:

Cadiz 9am-11pm

Gib 9am-11pm

Livorno 8am-7pm

Genoa 6am-9pm

The Iglu timings don't match up with the broad timings given by P&O for our cruise either. Most say something like 08.00 - 17.00 for every port irrespective of P&O's early morning, morning, early afternoon, afternoon and early evening indications. I think Iglu have just taken a best guess!

Hi Linda.

As you know we are on the same cruise.

From trawling the port websites the bits I have found different from the Iglu data are:

Cadiz 9am-11pm

Gib 9am-11pm

Livorno 8am-7pm

Genoa 6am-9pm

I cannot see the ship staying 14 hours in Gib.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I cannot see the ship staying 14 hours in Gib.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's what it says on the port authority schedule, however I suppose it's up the Captain if he wants to leave early.

He has a day at sea to get to Barcelona, so there is no need to leave any earlier.

It would have been a better cruise if they had fitted Cartagena in. But we aren't spending onboard then. :rolleyes:

We have had some early morning arrivals and then late night departures in the past, Koper to Venice is mostly spent doing circles in the middle of the night. :confused:

Hello fellow cruisers!

I'm a bit confused as to what it means by :

"Early morning"

"morning"

"Early afternoon"

"Afternoon"

And "early evening"

If anyone knows roughly what times these mean it would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

I would like to know too as I'm on the same cruise as you , Newcruiser1996 !