Regal cabin R417 advice needed please

Jilliebean28

We are booked on the Regal Princess this March and booked cabin R417. After looking more closely and reading more about the deck plans I am rethinking this decision. I am concerned about being under the Seawalk. Not sure if my concern is warranted or not. Any thoughts or advice would really be appreciated. Thanks so much fellow cruisers!!

If you're concerned about lack of sun, I definitely would not book on the side under the Seaview Bar. It's a solid metal overhang that extends pretty far out, so I think you might only have sun on your balcony early morning and/or late afternoon if you're just a two decks below it.

We had R429 (same type of cabin just with the extension on the other side. No concerns at all about privacy, except the balcony itself. The view is not that great from the seawalk and honestly after day 2 of the cruise no one was on it.

There was not much sun tho. Lower down might be better for that, or fore or aft of the bumpouts.

We are booked on the Regal Princess this March and booked cabin R417. After looking more closely and reading more about the deck plans I am rethinking this decision. I am concerned about being under the Seawalk. Not sure if my concern is warranted or not. Any thoughts or advice would really be appreciated. Thanks so much fellow cruisers!!

Hi - here are a couple of links that might be helpful. the first is an excellent photo posted by Pam that shows the sightlines from the SeaWalk.

The second is a video of R427 looking up to the SeaWalk.

If you want to see the sky, book on the starboard side. I've been in B409 and B410 and preferred starboard. Had plenty of sun on Baja.

Posted by Pam in CA - looking down from SeaWalk

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42186368&postcount=3

View of SeaWalk from R427

Edited by MarKay525

A couple of returning cruisers have recently posted that they were appalled at being under the skywalk and that they had no idea it was so obtrusive.

Honestly it wasn't hard to find photos after the initial TA of the Royal so we knew exactly what to expect....

A couple of returning cruisers have recently posted that they were appalled at being under the skywalk and that they had no idea it was so obtrusive.

Thanks Wineforhealth. I guess my concerns are privacy (not that we plan on being on our balcony naked or anything, haha!!), noise and mainly a lack of sun on the balcony due to the Seawalk.

Why the heck not? You should be able to sun yourself nude on your private balcony without being concerned about gawkers! At least on sea days....

• 1 year later...

Hi,

We are assigned R417 on Regal and wondering if we should change. This is for a Baltic cruise in July with long port days. Which minisuites cabins are better than this one? According to Princess R417 is the highest level minisuite.

Thanks CC board members for the help as always.