Documents to Board?

Can someone please confirm? Haven't sailed RCCL in forever so want to make sure of this.....TO board we need:

-driver's license

-birth certificate OR passport (sailing from Ft Lauderdale/closed loop)

-RCCL boarding pass

Is this it?

If you have a passport you don't need your driver's license to board but you'll need it at the ports.

I was once asked for my DL to confirm residency on another line because we were using passports. Not sure if RCI would do this and I'm not sure what DCL would have done if I didn't have mine.

We go in with passport, credit card, and online check-in form and have never needed anything else except as noted above.

I was once asked for my DL to confirm residency on another line because we were using passports. Not sure if RCI would do this and I'm not sure what DCL would have done if I didn't have mine.

We go in with passport, credit card, and online check-in form and have never needed anything else except as noted above.

I suspect you must have had a residency discount attached to your cruise fare and a passport typically doesn't officially have this information. Our Canadian passport has a page that you can fill in this information along with an emergency contact which is for information only.

I often see a notation that providing official ID to show residency is a possibility when booking fare with this type of discount but we've have never had to do so on the 44 cruises we've done to date. This may be do to the fact that our member profile on the loyalty programs for the cruise lines we sail on has this information.

Edited by robtulipe

If you have a passport you don't need your driver's license to board but you'll need it at the ports.

When returning to the port's secured area you may have to show an official ID with a picture, which a passport is along with many other government, municipal, educational, etc. issued documents. Children don't have DL so they may have to show a student ID card, bus pass or some other official ID with a picture. Typically children with parent only have to show a ship's card at most ports with a picture ID requirement.

I would say at less than I/3 of the port we've stopped at required picture ID to be shown along with your cruiseship card.

I just used my most recently driver's license when picture ID is required in order to leave my current driver's license and passport safely in the cabin safe and have never had a problem.;)

Edited by robtulipe