When Chair Hogs Attack

From Yahoo news:

BERLIN (Reuters) - An elderly German grew so attached to a poolside deckchair that he attacked a woman who moved his towel to another lounger, police said Tuesday.

When the 76-year-old pensioner returned to his favorite spot at a pool in the central town of Bad Endbach, he was enraged to find the woman, 29, had moved his towel to an unoccupied lounger so she could lie down next to her mother.

The other chair was just the same "but he didn't want to use that one," said a police spokesman in nearby Marburg.

When abusive language failed to shift the woman, the furious senior citizen got physical. "He tipped the chair over and her with it," the spokesman said. "She couldn't believe he went so far over such a trifle."

Is the chair hog situation that much worse than it was 2 years ago, or is it just something that hasnt bothered me? On our last cruise, a 7 day western carib, i noticed a number of reserved seats, but always found seating in the same general area. I am not very picky about my seat, and didnt mind being a few rows from the pool if need be.

Is it that much worse now though?

Is the chair hog situation that much worse than it was 2 years ago, or is it just something that hasnt bothered me? On our last cruise, a 7 day western carib, i noticed a number of reserved seats, but always found seating in the same general area. I am not very picky about my seat, and didnt mind being a few rows from the pool if need be.

Is it that much worse now though?

I dont mind the chair hoggers as long as they are hot beautiful babes in bikinis, if not the I too would flip chairs over with people on them:eek:

See? Another use for duct tape. She should have taped herself to the chair then this wouldn't have happened! :p

No, actually the duct tape should have been used to restrain the old coot till the police arrived!!!

It's always quite revealing when in the middle of the day, a small brief sunshower soaks all the chair-hogs' chairs, books and towels.

Those in the pool, washroom or bar come immediately to retrieve/move their things but always, you can count on a percentage to remain.

So after the shower, there are suddenly lots of open chairs avail.

Another vote for the collapsable chair with automatic 30 minute timer. :p

i think the bigger ships should have barges towed behind with deck chairs on them.

the chair hogs could put their stuff on them, and check with binoculars occasionally

to make sure their stuff is there. they sure don't seem to use them for sitting or

lounging, just property to mark.

Archived