boarding time based on stateroom deck?

essgee_ca

It could work if it was enforced. People would learn to maybe go have lunch after being thrown out of the hotel. Suites and C&A could possibly have to wait until friends boarding time if they wanted to board together.

It is actually a very good attempt at crowd control but unless its enforced, it will be another rule or suggestion that no one listens to.

It also lets them off the hook when people post pictures of horrid crowds during boarding that they will flip the switch on all those not coming at suggested boarding time. It then makes it the passengers fault and not them.

That's exactly what it's for. To slow the rush of a crowd just showing up. Most first time cruisers will follow the times given because they assume that's the rules. Which will slow down some rush. You still have the people who think the rules don't apply to them. I wish they would enforce the rules. I'd love watching people get turned away because they think they are special.

• 2 months later...
Please explain if you are a lowly "Gold" member on RCCL, if you show up early - will they turn you away??

No. :) They arent turning anyone away that arrives early. Not even first time cruisers.

That's exactly what it's for. To slow the rush of a crowd just showing up. Most first time cruisers will follow the times given because they assume that's the rules. Which will slow down some rush. You still have the people who think the rules don't apply to them. I wish they would enforce the rules. I'd love watching people get turned away because they think they are special.

Its not a rule so there is nothing to enforce. Also, it has nothing to do with people thinking they are special. People paid for day one and expect to have lunch onboard. They expect to be in their cabins by 1pm. They are kicked out of their hotels by 12 at the latest so what do you do for another 3 hours if you are on a certain deck?

Ive only been on a few cruises so far but I always arrive at 10:30 - 10:45 and am onboard by 11:30 and I have yet to see this crowd rush you speak of.

Dont expect to "get a kick" out of anything anytime soon. I doubt this will EVER be made a rule and enforced. There are more than plenty of arrivals from passengers that flew in throughout the day to "slow the rush of the crowd".

My booking invoice says to arrive between 11 and 3. I fully expect to get this email but it will not change my arrival plans. No, I do not think Im special either.

Edited by ryano

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a robocall saying that check-in times for my 3/22 cruise on the Adventure of the Seas are by deck as follows:

10 - 1:30

9 - 2:00

8 - 2:30

7 - 3:30

6 - 4:00

3 - 5:00

It also said suite guests and Diamond and Pinnacle guests could show up anytime between 1 and 7. We're coming from a San Juan hotel, so we will be heading over after check-out! Hopefully they don't enforce the check-in times.

It really goes to show that some selectively follow the guidelines from RCL.

If everyone treated the dress code in the MDR and/or the smoking guidelines like they do the embarking times then we would have less threads with complaints. :D

...and comments like yours really go to show that there are some real winners here on CC! :rolleyes:

...and comments like yours really go to show that there are some real winners here on CC! :rolleyes:

But he's kind of right!! Why give him the :rolleyes: ??

Like I said earlier in this thread, it is only a suggestion so it will probably never be enforced but there are many people here on this forum that do choose to single out certain rules and preach us to follow them and then be hypocrites on another topic and tell you not to follow that guideline.