Internet on board

KCMiller

Quick question - if I purchase a package for one device, is that one device at a time? For instance, can I log off and allow my cabin mate to log on with their device? And then have them log off and allow another friend to log on with THEIR device?

Thanks,

KC

Sorry I post the photo of the Internet speed in the wrong place.

I have this best internet package it's like $400 for the 8 days. We can have only 2 devices hooked to it at one time. So we do need to log off one to use another. Look at this photo see the top right is the log off button. I save the page to my iPhone's home screen to find it easier. ImageUploadedByForums1419004682.915380.jpg.6ddf11d7966c81033ad9c2016fbcdb7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you can buy a 'unlimited package' for one device at the time - log on / log off with on device and then log on / log-oo with another device - or a 'unlimited package' for two devices at the same time.

... or on a time basis for one device at the time

I just got off Quantum today, here's how it works (though I apologize that I don't have the prices, I didn't think the save the info):

There are 3 speed tiers, which I'll call "basic", "faster", and "fastest". (Can't remember what they call those). "Basic" is designed for things like email and light web surfing. I don't think you'd be able to use Skype or Facetime. "Faster" is (according to what I remember) 4 times the speed of "basic", and I got about 1Mbps up and download speeds. That was sufficient for Facetime and Skype. The "Fastest" package is faster still (I had the "faster" package) but they seemed to say that you could use it work things like Netflix or any other high-bandwidth application.

Within each tier, you had a few choices: You could purchase a fixed number of minutes, which means that you can use it on any number of devices, but you need to remember to log on and off to stop the timer.

Another choice was that you could get unlimited internet for one device at a time. Once you logged on with that, you would never need to log off.

The final choice is that you can have unlimited connectivity on two devices at a time. This is significantly cheaper than buying two separate unlimited packages.

With the unlimited packages, you could (in theory) share either the one or two device packages with others, and log in and out of different devices as needed to "share". One of the couples we traveled with each had a handheld device and they had a shared laptop. They used the "two device" plan and when they wanted to use the laptop, they logged off one of the other devices and onto the laptop.

I hope this was clear, I'm still a bit groggy from a week of late nights and fun. :)