Meet & Mingle - system won't allow us to register

NJ&Ozzie

Hi,

Trying to register for M&M for cruise purchased last week. Keep getting this message: "only purchased reservations can register for Meet & Mingle party".

Double checked - our payment has gone thru & TA says everything looks fine at their end.

Have emailed RCCL two days ago & waiting for response. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks,

NJ :)

Hi,

Trying to register for M&M for cruise purchased last week. Keep getting this message: "only purchased reservations can register for Meet & Mingle party".

Double checked - our payment has gone thru & TA says everything looks fine at their end.

Have emailed RCCL two days ago & waiting for response. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks,

Make sure that the booking ID is the one that is found on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI. Your TA can request one from RCI and email it to you.

It sounds like your TA has booked you in a group and given you their group booking number.

I agree with Patti, you may have the wrong booking number.

I would also log into your "My Cruises" account and try to view the booking there. That would confirm if you have the correct booking number.

I agree with Patti, you may have the wrong booking number.

I would also log into your "My Cruises" account and try to view the booking there. That would confirm if you have the correct booking number.

Thanks - I've tried all your suggestions & double-checked invoice/booking no. Yes, we are in a Group so maybe that is the issue. Will call TA tomorrow to find out.

Will let you know!

Cheers,

I am a TA and run into this problem from time to time. I just have to call RCI and they do something to the booking that fixes it. I'm not sure why it happens but like another poster said, if it's in a group that could be it. Most of my bookings are in groups. Call your TA and have him/her call RCI.

Thanks - I've tried all your suggestions & double-checked invoice/booking no. Yes, we are in a Group so maybe that is the issue. Will call TA tomorrow to find out.

Will let you know!

Cheers,

I had that problem on a cruise last year .I called RCI and had it resolved.

I am a TA and run into this problem from time to time. I just have to call RCI and they do something to the booking that fixes it. I'm not sure why it happens but like another poster said, if it's in a group that could be it. Most of my bookings are in groups. Call your TA and have him/her call RCI.

Hey,

Just an update. Called my TA who contacted RC - they say everything looks fine with our booking. I called RC myself - they are suggesting that since we have been put into a "group booking" by the TA, that maybe someone in the group has not made final payment. I will wait to register in a week or so to see if that's the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Hey,

Just an update. Called my TA who contacted RC - they say everything looks fine with our booking. I called RC myself - they are suggesting that since we have been put into a "group booking" by the TA, that maybe someone in the group has not made final payment. I will wait to register in a week or so to see if that's the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Not saying that the group booking might not have caused the issue in your case, but we've been in group bookings several times and have been able to register for the M&M.

Not saying that the group booking might not have caused the issue in your case, but we've been in group bookings several times and have been able to register for the M&M.

Hey,

Thanks. RC is saying that since our TA booked us in with a group that until that group is closed, RC will consider it's not paid in full. Sounds plausible. Have never encountered this before but who knows. First time for everything. Funny, but we've booked our last 18 cruises with one online TA, now our 1st time with a different one & new experience.

Be well,

WOW I guess anything can happen!

Hey all,

Just to let you know, I was able to register for M&M today. No problemo. So maybe it was just that the Group Booking is now closed & all payments made. Anyway - thanks for all the insight & help.

Cheers,

I have the exact same problem and even a month after making full payment, I cannot register for the M & M.

Very frustrating - this should be a simple task.

Mitch........

Yup, I have no idea why I can suddenly register now. Our cruise is just over two months away. Interesting, when I called RCCL & my TA, neither of them were very familiar with Cruise Critic & what it was all about or how to register for an M&M. They actually thanked me for telling them about this. They didn't know that CC members do have a certain degree of clout with the cruise lines as reviews are posted both about particular cruises & travel agents.

I suspect you are in a Group booking that hasn't closed yet.

Cheers,

Yup, I have no idea why I can suddenly register now. Our cruise is just over two months away. Interesting, when I called RCCL & my TA, neither of them were very familiar with Cruise Critic & what it was all about or how to register for an M&M. They actually thanked me for telling them about this. They didn't know that CC members do have a certain degree of clout with the cruise lines as reviews are posted both about particular cruises & travel agents.

I suspect you are in a Group booking that hasn't closed yet.

Cheers,

yes, my confirmation does mention "group booking"

I guess I should just keep trying for the next several months.

I just really wanted to get the ball rolling on this M & M cause there are only 3 registered people so far.

My TA is one of the most knowledgeable people in the business, but I can tell you w/o even asking her, she will not know anything about cruisecritic and a M & M.

• 4 weeks later...
yes, my confirmation does mention "group booking"

I guess I should just keep trying for the next several months.

I just really wanted to get the ball rolling on this M & M cause there are only 3 registered people so far.

My TA is one of the most knowledgeable people in the business, but I can tell you w/o even asking her, she will not know anything about cruisecritic and a M & M.

I tried once again one day last week and it FINALLY WORKED.

It seems to have worked when I was about 8 months out from my cruise - just not sure if that had anything to do with it or just because it was a "group" booking through my T.A.

Is this meet and mingle different than the one here on CC or are they one and the same?

The poster is trying to register for the M&M for Cruise Critic members that is provided by the cruise line during the cruise.

I've been having a similar problem. Can you not register until you've made final payment?

I had that problem initially when I tried to register. I kept trying and one day, the system allowed me to register. This is for a TA sailing this coming August, so it doesn't seem like you have to wait for final payment. We also were booked as part of a "group", I believe, so I imagine this was the reason for the problem.

I guess my advice is just keep trying. :)