xTransfer to Airport

cr83687

Has anyone purchased the princess transfer from San Pedro to the airport? They charge the same as a shuttle.

Here's why I would NOT do the Princess transfer:

When you use Princess' transfer, THEY control when you get to the ship...and they seem to want to hold everyone for a later arrival at the pier...

Take a shuttle and YOU control when you get there...You may wait for an 8-passenger shuttle to fill up, but you won't have to wait for a 40+ person bus to fill up...

@ cr83687

We arrived Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) last year on NCL Star. The taxi situation was a nightmare -- only one company is allowed inside the port, and it has its own people on the sidewalk, taking names and number in party and deciding who gets in which taxi when, on the fly.

We needed the taxi, though, because we were not going to the airport but to offsite airport parking where we had left our car when we flew to FLL. I seem to remember "local" shuttles loading at a different curb/island, even farther out from the ship.

Since you are going from the ship to the airport, Bruin Steve's reasoning doesn't apply. I would take the Princess shuttle at the same cost as a local one as the boarding SHOULD be simpler and the distance you have to lug your luggage shorter, possibly no lugging at all as the ship's porters may place it next to the bus and all you do is indicate which are your bags for their being moved into the bus (that was the case on our recent transfer-with-sightseeing at the end of a HAL cruise).

I have used the Princess Xfers from port to LAX a number of times and have never had a problem. The buses tend to fill up pretty quickly at the end of cruises, and I have not experienced any overly long waits for them to depart.

We always book the Princess Transfers when possible. In L.A. it is so nice to put our luggage out the night before and pick it up at the A/P in Kona when we land and as they say in the old commercial, "Leave the driving to us." Your at the end of your Holiday, why would you want to drag around your luggage and hassle with your own arrangements for vehicles? Enjoy it to the end.