Splendida Western Med

glittergal1

Hello has anyone been recently on the Splendida stops at Genoa Palermo La Goulette Marseilles Civitavecchia and Barcelona ? Im looking for information on port shuttles please and which nights are theme nights onboard . also any other useful info please :D

I am also soon doing this cruise and have been able to find the following information:

Palermo - ship docs right in town.

La Goulette - no shuttles, nothing near port. Ship excursion or taxis (fixed price) from port are necessary.

Barcelona - Local T3 blue bus goes from ship to start of Ramblas - EUR 2 one-way, EUR 3 return. There may also be MSC shuttle.

Marseille - port is 5 miles from town. MSC shuttle is EUR 17 return. Taxis also available. Also free local bus from entrance to port (can be long walk from ship) to Juliet, which is also another walk or bus to the Old Port.

Genoa - walkable to town.

Civitavecchia to Rome - free port shuttle to port gate, bus to train station & train to Rome (train approx 1.5 hrs), or taxis or ship excursion.

Hope this helps.

Hazel

Edited by hlperez
forgot something

I am also soon doing this cruise and have been able to find the following information:

Palermo - ship docs right in town.

La Goulette - no shuttles, nothing near port. Ship excursion or taxis (fixed price) from port are necessary.

Barcelona - Local T3 blue bus goes from ship to start of Ramblas - EUR 2 one-way, EUR 3 return. There may also be MSC shuttle.

Marseille - port is 5 miles from town. MSC shuttle is EUR 17 return. Taxis also available. Also free local bus from entrance to port (can be long walk from ship) to Juliet, which is also another walk or bus to the Old Port.

Genoa - walkable to town.

Civitavecchia to Rome - free port shuttle to port gate, bus to train station & train to Rome (train approx 1.5 hrs), or taxis or ship excursion.

Hazel is absolutely correct. I've just gone through all my daily programmes and can confirm....

The MSC shuttle in Barcelona is €8.90 pp, but walk out of the terminal along the left hand side along the fence and there is a blue bus which charges €3 return. They drop off at the bottom of Las Ramblas. If you are in any doubt there is a tourist info kiosk at the entrance and they are very helpful

Marseille - The MSC shuttle is €16.90 and drops you off by Galerie Layfayette right in the centre. If you choose the free port shuttle you leave the ship, follow the green line (about 10/15 minute walk) to the port bus which will take you to a hole in the fence (another 15 minutes) near the Juliet metro station. From here you can take bus number 55 (I think) or walk for another 20 minutes along the front, which is a nice walk if the weather is good. Again, there is a tourist info kiosk inside the port terminal and they are very helpful with details.

La Goulette - There was a special offer on a transfer to the Kasbah but I guess my OH used the paper to make notes and threw it away. You may find they do a transfer, but otherwise its a taxi/the train, or an excursion.

Palermo and Genoa - Walking distance to centre.

Fancy dress etc.

The thing with fancy dress is that most people don't know what the themes are so don't come prepared. I have to say that not many people dressed up, only the staff. There was a 60's/70's/80's theme in Genoa, a costume night in Marseille (staff dressed as Batman and Robin) they dressed guests in crepe paper - not great. Barcelona was a Gala night; at sea, Italian night (red, white and green); La Goulette, informal; Palermo, Gala; Civitavecchia, White Party.

Hope that helps, but don't forget all that may change!