Post Cruise Kia Ora and the Brando - any thoughts?

kej1

We are planning for 7 nights post cruise. It is our first PG cruise and we are doing the 11 day which includes the Cook Islands. We have been to FP before, having spent most of our time at the old Hoel Bora Bora which we loved, and a few days on Morea.

Since our cruise includes overnights in both places we've been to, we are thinking of doing 3 nights at Kia Ora in the Tuamotoes and 4 nights at the Brando. Has anyone been? I know the Brando sounds great! But what about Kia Ora? I have heard amazing snorkeling excursions, but mixed reviews on service, accommodation, and food. I have heard no room service for breakfast or any meals, and not much service at all! Has anyone been? We were thinking of going after our July cruise so it would be late July.

Hopefully Flight Medic will respond as I think he has been to Kia Ora.

There is also a recent PG passenger who went to the Brando.

Rangiroa blue lagoon is famous.

We went to the Reef Islands this year and enjoyed it. Also had some snorkelling in the aquarium which was teeming with fish and saw the Dolphins.

Snorkelling the pass is also popular.

Do let us know how your trip was on your return.

We did 6 nights post cruise at the Kia Ora after our last PG cruise. Rangiora is very isolated and there is not a lot to do there except for water activities. We stayed in an OWB and as I am sure you are aware it is a little pricey. The snorkeling from the OWB and at the beach was good but not as good as at the Hilton on Moorea. The drift snorkeling in the Tiputa Pass and the diving was spectacular.

The resort is very well kept up. Staff are pleasant and the place seems empty due to the layout.

Dining is limited as there are very few restaurants on the "island". The food at the Kia Ora was very good but pricey. If I had to do it again I probably would not go here. It is really a little too isolated for my taste.

You won't find too many people here who have been to The Brando. If you can afford it that's awesome but I would check out trip advisor or similar. I did a "Drive by" there 3 months ago and while it looked nice there are other areas of French Polynesia that are nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app