Freestyle Choice-WARNING!

bobg529

I just want to give a heads up to those who are considering booking or have booked a cruise with the Freestyle Choice promotion. If you qualify for the AARP discount you CANNOT have both that and the promo. I just booked the 12 day Getaway cruise thru my TA. I always do a mock booking myself to look at available cabins, so I had a good idea of what the cost would be. When she sent me my NCL confirmation the price was lower than I expected. It turns out that she had put in for the AARP discount and instead of seeing CHOB on the upper right corner of the doc, it said EASYFARE. I called her up and asked her to confirm with NCL that I had the promo. When she contacted me back about an hour later she told me I was correct. She got it fixed right away so their was no harm and she sent me the corrected reservation. This is still a worthwhile promo however. The fare went up by about $180 by losing the discount, but when you figure that the UBP is worth about $750 for a 12 day sailing it's a no brainier. Also note that the discount loss is different depending on which promo you select. The UBP seems to be the most expensive to me. Best advice is to do a mock booking to check before you actually book, this way you can determine what is best for you!

Yep, this has been discussed in several threads about the promo already.

Sorry, I wasn't aware. I just wanted to share with everyone, in case they missed it. This board is happily very active, but as a result sometimes we miss some of the postings. At least I do, lol.

Many, many, many promotional deals can not be combined. This holds for cruises, for airlines, for hotels, for car rentals, for local store deals, etc. etc.

Not unusual at all. Businesses would go out of business if people could double and triple stack promotions.

With that said, sometimes you can add them all together. It just depends. If a certain promo can not be used with other codes,then that is the way it is.

I have EASYFARE and CHODB on my booking invoice

EASYFARE has nothing to do with AARP, usually that is the code used when there is no other promo - in my experience seeing that combined with current promo is quite unusual actually. :)

Edited by Demonyte

Sorry, I wasn't aware. I just wanted to share with everyone, in case they missed it. This board is happily very active, but as a result sometimes we miss some of the postings. At least I do, lol.

I hadn't seen it so thanks for posting.