Trouble registering for connections party

wvufan

Several of us are having difficulty registering for the Millie 5/12 party. Is this system wide or just our sailing?

Thanks

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

It is system wide. There were several people who were finally able to register for our Summit May 17, 2015 sailing, but I am still unable to register.

Supposedly they are working on the issue. (They have been working on this issue for a very long time, but it appears they made SOME progress over the past couple of weeks.)

I emailed them again this morning, but have not heard back.

Edited by DinaS

Still unable to register today. I get the message, "no cruise critic reservation found." Anyone else having any luck-or lack of luck? Is this a Celebrity or Cruise Critic issue?

Happy Sails to You

Edited by wvufan

Still unable to register today. I get the message, "no cruise critic reservation found." Anyone else having any luck-or lack of luck? Is this a Celebrity or Cruise Critic issue?

Happy Sails to You

I got the same message, yet on the page it said 89 had registered for my Jan 12 Equinox cruise. So I called. They sent an email for me and gave me an address where to send one also,but I still have gotten no response in over a week.

If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, you may be part of their group, even though you have your own confirmation number. It delays your ability to check in for the connections party. I've had this happen before but it all get fixed around the final payment time. So, although the website is nothing to brag about, this time it may be a different issue.

If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, you may be part of their group, even though you have your own confirmation number. It delays your ability to check in for the connections party. I've had this happen before but it all get fixed around the final payment time. So, although the website is nothing to brag about, this time it may be a different issue.

Possible, but I'm not booked in a group. Those who have posted about the problem are on different ships at different times. In this case the problem is with the system.

Thanks for the feedback. I knew I could address it once I got on board, but was more worried about the status of the cruise and my booking. I can start the prebooking process, so am reassured.

Happy sails to you

OOOEEE Baby, :D:D Bob and Phyl

Thanks for the feedback. I knew I could address it once I got on board, but was more worried about the status of the cruise and my booking. I can start the prebooking process, so am reassured.

Happy sails to you

OOOEEE Baby, :D:D Bob and Phyl

You can NOT address it once on board, if at least 25 people have not already signed up before sail date, since there won't BE a connections party.

I have been having the same issue, and have been told time and time again that they are working on it. I sent yet another email last week and with no response - as usual.

It's a Celebrity issue - nothing to do with Cruise Critic.

I am having the same issue with my 1/24/15 Reflection sailing. Help from Celebrity has been non existent. Different answer every time I call. I love cruising with Celebrity but I am so tired of the canned response of we are aware of the issue and working on it. They have been aware that their website stinks for years and have never fixed it. Ok rant over.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Help from Celebrity? Now that is a novel idea. I too have been unable to sign up for the Connections' Party for our May 28 Silhouette trip....I have not talked to them about but I did call about another issue about 6 weeks ago concerning a past trip and at the time I mentioned all of the web site issues and got "we know, we are working on sorry, we will get it fixed someday" Oh. on my other issue, I got a hardy "too bad, that is the way it is". Left me wishing I had called about that issue before I booked the May 28 trip...

The reality for me is they really don't care much about us.

Happy Sails to You

It is a Celebrity issue, we have only 21 guest for our 17 jan summit sailing but we can't register so if not fixed no party.

Thank you Celebrity for not fixing this, this is going on for weeks already!!!!!!

sheba2008

It is a Celebrity issue, we have only 21 guest for our 17 jan summit sailing but we can't register so if not fixed no party.

Thank you Celebrity for not fixing this, this is going on for weeks already!!!!!!

sheba2008

If anyone on your Roll Call is entitled to use Michael's Club ( a Zenith or a Celebrity Suite or higher) they can inform Lisa, the Michael's Club Concierge on Summit, about the problem when she contacts them. Ask Lisa to inform the Events Coordinator. That should solve the problem. In the best case the problem will be fixed before your cruise.

Hello Fellow Celebrity cruisers. We set sail Jan. 27 on the Solstice and we too have had website issues with Celebrity. Last week I tried to book one of their excursions and was not able to do so on the website. Called Celebrity. They booked it for me but in the process they cancelled a different excursion that was already booked. Went to Twitter with #Celebrity and a comment on the issues. Got a reply from Celebrity almost immediately. Spoke to a rep who apologized for the issues and gave us a free dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. They need to fix their issues for sure but at least they offered some compensation for the frustration.

Head to Twitter. That's my advice.

Elayne

Just amazes me that Celebrity can't fix this ongoing issue! Highly annoying.

Try to register today still not working, tried to send e-mail to Celebrity didn't work eihter, pfffff I don't know what to do next nothing is working.

Thanks Celebrity for the lousy website you have :mad:

I guest no party for us, sailing 17 jan 2015 :mad:

sheba2008

Try to register today still not working, tried to send e-mail to Celebrity didn't work eihter, pfffff I don't know what to do next nothing is working.

Thanks Celebrity for the lousy website you have :mad:

I guest no party for us, sailing 17 jan 2015 :mad:

sheba2008

You are not alone in your frustration with Celebrity. Here's another thread that was started back in November.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2128118

I didn't realize there was a longer thread on this topic. It is labelled "To Celebrity Cruises..Official" (or something like that). I didn't pick up on the subject as it was not in the thread title.

Anyway, Celebrity Cruises is our liaison and usually does a great job. He has tried to keep us up to date and posted several times on that thread. I am sure he is as frustrated as we are because they keep telling him is will soon be fixed too.

I think some of the frustration is because registering for the parties worked fine for many years and then, all of a sudden, there are glitches. Apparently somebody did something to screw it up, and all we really want is for that somebody to put the darned thing back the way it was and leave it alone. Guess they didn't get the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" memo. :rolleyes:

The unsung heroes on our cruises are the group activities coordinators. I am sure they will do everything possible to arrange something for us if they can get the info from Miami.

Happy Sails to You

Hi all,

Apologies. We're looking into this, but do not have an update as of this time.

I would suggest that Celebrity looks at the cruises for the next month and just schedule a gathering and wave the 25 person requirement. Roll Call members could simply go to Guest Relations and get the time and place. This might be a temporary fix until the problem is solved.

I would suggest that Celebrity looks at the cruises for the next month and just schedule a gathering and wave the 25 person requirement. Roll Call members could simply go to Guest Relations and get the time and place. This might be a temporary fix until the problem is solved.

This is a very good idea, I hope Celebrity read you're post.

Thanks