Lobster City and Iguana Stew

adverb

Hello. I was thinking of snorkeling lobster city via Roatan Ocean Adventures, but I couldn't really find any information about Lobster City. Has anyone done it via a snorkel?

Also, I've heard about igauana stew and I was interested in trying it. Does anyone know where you can get it close to the port?

There's a number of reviews and pictures about Roatan Ocean Adventures out on TA. Lobster City is just one of the reefs they go to where the spiny local lobsters are.

You can find iguana stew (iguanas are usually from the local iguana farms) at several local restaurants. I think Temporary Cal's in First Bite has it on the menu. that'd be relatively close to French Harbor where I think ROA is located. But ask them, they'll direct you to a nearby spot. "iguana tastes like chicken":D:p

I did see lots of good reviews on TA, but I didn't see any reviews here which made me a little concerned :-/

I asked the tour guide of ROA about the iguana stew and this is what he said: "The iguana stew is hard to get most restaurants doesn't have iguana on their menu. And it's usually tough to find them with it on the menu(it's agains the law to hunt iguanas). "

Aww was kinda hoping I would find them a little easier.

Well, it's true that you can't hunt them. But there's at least one farm on the island that raises them and does sell to private parties and restaurants. There may be other restrictions and I would doubt a tourista type restaurant would carry the item. I think the old Miss Jenny's Lusty Lizard out near Mahogany Bay had it on the menu, but I understand she's closed now:(.

adverb, my son and i made a special stop at a local diner in grand cayman just to try iguana stew. i have eaten every conceivable wild game and, with the exception of racoon or possum, iguana ranks among the worst i've ever had. perhaps it was the way it was prepared or cared for prior to preparation; i've certainly had whitetail that was not as good as my wife makes. i hope your experience is better.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips.

Does anyone have any recommendations on whether I should do the all day snorkel with a stop at Lobster City? Or just do the Lobster City snorkel with a visit to the Iguana Park and The View (whatever that is).