Norovirus

watertheodds

Has anyone that sailed on Getaway last week gotten sick? Trying to determine whether I can participate in family Christmas activities without the chance of "spreading the joy". From what I read it is contagious for 3 days after symptoms cease and mine which for me was 3 pm yesterday.

Has anyone that sailed on Getaway last week gotten sick? Trying to determine whether I can participate in family Christmas activities without the chance of "spreading the joy". From what I read it is contagious for 3 days after symptoms cease and mine which for me was 3 pm yesterday.

I will bet every single gift under your tree that some people got sick last week. With 4000 people on that ship, it will happen. The real question is if YOU picked it up.

By the way, people also pick it up from many places other than cruise ships. And, even if you did have it, you may not even spread it if people do the right things.

Check this out.

We were on the Getaway last week. Luckily, we did not become sick.

Made sure we used hand sanitizer at restaurants and LOVED the sinks at the entrances to the Garden Buffet. Also paid attention to use tongs and serving spoons and avoid those where people did not. I am constantly amazed by people who ignore the tongs or serving utensil and pick food up with their fingers. :rolleyes:

Kids are the biggest "germ factory"! I caught it from my kids several years ago.....they picked it up at school, and brought it home. It's commonly called "stomach flu", tho it's NOT Influenza at all....but it is a virus, and aside from not allowing the virus into your body, there's really no stopping it!

NEVER, EVER touch your face (eyes, nose or mouth) without washing your hands first! Those are the entry point. Having the virus on your skin will not make you ill, UNLESS you get that virus into your system! Wash!!!!

You are probably fine.

Noro is very common this time of year and since most people fly in, its picked up in planes and kids bring it from school.

Keep your fingers out of your eyes and mouth and use soap and do not rely on the alcohol hand sanitizers and there is no problem.

I worked on about 220 or so cruises and EVERY SINGLE CRUISE has a case or two of Norovirus. It's a lot more common than people think so there really isn't any reason to worry as long as you do the steps you're meant to do to keep yourself clean.

Also if you think you might have noro but are not sure, you don't have it. You def know when you have it!!