Mojito Madness: How's the drink pkg?

RCCL Fan

My last cruise the drink pig's were brand new... as in weeks old but I distinctly remember our waiter telling us you could not use your drink package to order wine by the glass in the dining room.

I don't see that written anywhere on the description this time around.

Has it changed?

Also does anyone have any experience with mojitos & the drink pkg?

I'm not a big drinker at all, but I love mojitos , they are so cool and refreshing in the caribbean sun, and never make me feel like they're alcohol heavy.

On my independence cruise I have about a 40% chance of getting one on my card. Bartenders would often say it wasn't covered. Other times it was.

I sailed celebrity and not only was it covered but they made different types, even had me try frozen ones.

I knew RCI was having some adjustment with the pig's back then. Has service become more consistent?

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the drink pkg. Other than mojitos by the pool and a few glasses of wine here and there, I don't see us drinking a lot.... especially with the kids in tow this trip.

But if mojito's count it would be worth it. :-)

If you get the Premium or Ultimate package, then all cocktails (including mojitos) up to $12 in value are included. Wine by the glass up to $12 per glass is also included, even in the dining room.