Panoramic oceanview on the Grandeur

barante

We had a terrific cruise on the Grandeur Dec. 9 through 19.

I booked an aft-facing balcony for next year. Except that I didn't realize how big the panoramic ocean views are. I am thinking of changing to save one third of the price.

Any views?

We had 8048 on a recent Grandeur cruise. No noise issues from music inside. The balcony was a somewhat different story?

How badly does the Atrium music penetrate 7582 or a similar panoramic OV?

We had one of these rooms for our Hawaii cruise this year and Loved it. The room size 190 sq ft, and the window size 7 ft by 7ft.

We had 8048 on a recent Grandeur cruise. No noise issues from music inside. The balcony was a somewhat different story?

How badly does the Atrium music penetrate 7582 or a similar panoramic OV?

We were in 7584 on Vision, and it was fine sound-wise. Yes you could hear the music when it was being played, but they didn't play it long. They had some sort of party in the atrium one night, but it was very short.

I just returned from the 19 December sailing of the Grandeur (it was awesome). My entire family was on deck 7...my sister and her family had panoramic cabin 7086 and I had an interior at 7577. You could hear everything going on in the Centrum at night.

However, they stop every night around 11 pm. I enjoyed listening to the music when I was in the cabin prior to 11...I hate feeling left out, and the singing was beautiful.

You couldn't hear anything after that...if you need to sleep prior to 11:30, I suggest ear plugs.

Enjoy the Grandeur...she's great!

We were on the Dec 9-19 Grandeur cruise in Cabin 7582. It was the first time we had sailed in a POV room and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll try to post a few photos.

I didn't measure, but the room was large. We loved the window and it had a ledge you could sit on to read or just enjoy the view. It was also a plus to have a refrigerator. I thought the windows in the middle rooms were larger, but our room steward said they were all the same size, just more centered in the middle POV rooms. Our bed was by the window---my husband said he preferred that configuration, but I still think I would prefer the sofa by the window. We found out the configuration is bed by window on the end POVs and sofa by window on middle POVs, at least on the 7th floor.

The only negative was that the windows were a little dirty (on the outside) and we noted that in our evaluation. There was some noise from the centrum, but it didn't bother us as activities usually quieted down by 11 PM. We thought the cabin was in a very convenient location---no walking down long hallways!

This was our 3rd time on the Grandeur---we sailed in an Aft Junior Suite our first sailing on the Grandeur. Of course, we loved the balcony and other amenities that come with the JS, but we both commented that the POV room felt almost as large as the JS (However, maybe the aft JS are not quite as wide as a side JS???)

When we sail we discuss how much we are willing to pay extra for a balcony and then make our decision concerning the room we would like to book. We certainly missed having a cup of coffee on the balcony in the mornings and we missed coming back from port and not having a private space to sit outside, but we were very happy with the POV and will probably book one again.

All that being said---we have an aft JS booked for Dec 2015!

I downgraded from JS to PV 8039, saving one third.

It was a no-brainer really. My wife hardly ever uses a balcony; we have a number of chilly days between Baltimore and the Caribbean. And while a cup of coffee would be nice in the morning on the balcony, we can enjoy a nice cup somewhere else.

I'm so glad I learned about PV. The one we got is just a few cabins from the JS, 8048, we had Dec. 9-19.

On other lines, too, I go for value. My favorite on older Carnival ships is 4K, a good-sized OV room that has the view of a lifeboat but features openable french doors and is sold as an inside (go figur

I downgraded from JS to PV 8039, saving one third.

It was a no-brainer really. My wife hardly ever uses a balcony; we have a number of chilly days between Baltimore and the Caribbean. And while a cup of coffee would be nice in the morning on the balcony, we can enjoy a nice cup somewhere else.

I'm so glad I learned about PV. The one we got is just a few cabins from the JS, 8048, we had Dec. 9-19.

On other lines, too, I go for value. My favorite on older Carnival ships is 4K, a good-sized OV room that has the view of a lifeboat but features openable french doors and is sold as an inside (go figur

I agree with you on value. We look for the "special" rooms also. A balcony is nice, but not on our "must-have" list.

We are looking forward to December 2015 on the Grandeur. However, we may just try to snag a last minute from Baltimore before then!