Carnival getting rid of show bands

papadewey

You guess this is our right to have a different opinion than you do?? Really?? :rolleyes:

Yep, I'm cruising the ship I want and I'm happy if Carnival is saving money and giving me lower fare costs by getting rid of live musicians in the theater. I'm hoping Carnival listens to people like me instead of listening to those who want more expensive options which increase everyone's cruise fare. Maybe those who care about and want better shows should shell out more dollars and start cruising other lines that already have better shows.

What do you do for entertainment, Robbie? Sing carrolls to yourself in the shower? [emoji2]

Thank you

You guess this is our right to have a different opinion than you do?? Really?? :rolleyes:

Yep, I'm cruising the ship I want and I'm happy if Carnival is saving money and giving me lower fare costs by getting rid of live musicians in the theater. I'm hoping Carnival listens to people like me instead of listening to those who want more expensive options which increase everyone's cruise fare. Maybe those who care about and want better shows should shell out more dollars and start cruising other lines that already have better shows.

I don't think Carnival cares what you think. They want to know what separates people from their money, they aren't going to listen to people who only want to find ways to part with less of it.

If you haven't watched it before, try CNBC's show "Cruise, Inc." It's on You Tube. It focuses on a Western Caribbean sailing of Norwegian Pearl out of Miami, but it really gives you a lot of insight into the metrics of the cruise line business across the industry - entertainment, food, shore excursions, etc. If people aren't in the various venues, the cruise line isn't making money.

I don't think they are giving you lower fares because they are saving money by cutting things.

It's more like they can't fill the ships at a decent fare so the have to lower lower fares as witnessed by yesterdays VIFP deals.

In turn they have to make more cuts to make a profit.

It's a catch 22.

Ms Duffy has her work cut out for her and I hope she succeeds.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 6 using Cruise Critic App

Or, I can stay with Carnival and just enjoy my balcony and the evening sunset with the bottle of wine I brought on board at embarkation and not spend any money in the lounges. Not sure that's what Carnival has in mind either.:rolleyes:

I found the best entertainment on the Inspiration a couple weeks ago. The Violin bar was packed every night with the best band I've ever seen on a cruise ship! I didn't see a decline in entertainment on this cruise from a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think they are giving you lower fares because they are saving money by cutting things.

It's more like they can't fill the ships at a decent fare so the have to lower lower fares as witnessed by yesterdays VIFP deals.

It's a catch 22.

Bill

A lower fare while getting rid of things I don't care about is a lower fare, any way you cut it. Bottom dollar is what my interest is, not how they got to the bottom dollar.

Edited by Out to sea!

Or, I can stay with Carnival and just enjoy my balcony and the evening sunset with the bottle of wine I brought on board at embarkation and not spend any money in the lounges. Not sure that's what Carnival has in mind either.:rolleyes:

I rarely spend any money in the lounges either. Maybe 3 beers over a 7 night cruise while in the Piano Bar......that's about it. I know how to cruise CHEAP! :D

It's a catch 22.

Bill

Agree 100%.

At some point things you want and expect will be cut and than think you will sing a different tune.

At some point, everything changes... It has to, otherwise we will have a thread on here bashing Carnival for not changing their entertainment/shows... life goes on, either adapt or stay home.

:rolleyes:

At some point, everything changes... It has to, otherwise we will have a thread on here bashing Carnival for not changing their entertainment/shows... life goes on, either adapt or stay home.

:rolleyes:

I would say accept it or go to another cruise line. Other cruise lines have been improving their entertainment at the same time Carnival is cutting it back.

At some point things you want and expect will be cut and than think you will sing a different tune.

Hardly. If they cut what I care about I will simply move to a cruise line that still has what I want at the price I like. No need to complain about it here or anywhere else. And please don't bring up loyalty programs. I don't cruise for the program, I cruise for the cruise (which can be seen from my past cruises list).

Hardly. If they cut what I care about I will simply move to a cruise line that still has what I want at the price I like. No need to complain about it here or anywhere else. And please don't bring up loyalty programs. I don't cruise for the program, I cruise for the cruise (which can be seen from my past cruises list).

Well speaking of loyalty programs we made Diamond on our cruise last month to Hawaii.:):)

I have complained a lot about the cuts to platinum but was very pleasantly surprised how much we liked being Diamond. Cocktail party with Capt and senior officers was awesome.

Just off the Pride today. in one word play list productions SUCK. Showroom was barely 50% full for there shows. There were more people ar the Hasbro show/

Wonder when Carnival will realize that people are telling them that playlist leaves a lot to be desired.

Was Hasbro on during afternoon or an evening entertainment? They had it in the evening on Conquest recently and thought that was incredibly pathetic.

One thing to have it for kids but for adults?