New to Celebrity. Need help convincing family.

jeffdal

I disagree vehemently with the idea that X= geriatric.

we have sailed Celebrity and in our Mid 40s were smack dab in the MIDDLE of the average age. and the older folks that do sail are less geriatric and more fun loving very active seniors.

I've always contended that each cruise takes on a different atmosphere. On mine, we are later fifties and there were few younger than us. AND far from fun loving.

We just had our first "Celebrity" experience, and we were expecting an older type crowd but the age range was from about 1 year to about 100 years with a pretty good mix between about 20 and 80.

We did an almost identical cruise a few years ago with Princess [at the same time of year] and literally there were only 4 PAX on the boat younger than us.

Great work keithm!:D

Is Azamara really a Jag to Celebrity's Lincoln? Got to take one of those for a test drive.;)

I thought comparing the cruiseline companies to car companies gives it a good comparison to us everyday folk. Azamara is kind of an upsacale smaller division of Celebrity. With a smaller crowd, there should be more attention to detail.Our T/A who really likes Celebrity did an Azamara cruise.He did NOT like it at all.I guess no line can please everyone all the time, but I do hear overall nice comments about Azamara. I think what they do need is some newer ships & not the older ships, which get refitted for them.

I disagree vehemently with the idea that X= geriatric.

we have sailed Celebrity and in our Mid 40s were smack dab in the MIDDLE of the average age. and the older folks that do sail are less geriatric and more fun loving very active seniors.

Thank you for that. :) Sailing on Reflection February 7, first time cruiser. Was getting worried we booked the wrong cruise line. My sister and I travel frequently to AI's in the Caribbean, and always go to 5 star resorts. We are fun loving and in our mid-forties. We enjoy spending time with people. We enjoy relaxing by the pool, participating in activities, dancing to all kinds of music and watching comedy shows and musical productions. We prefer upscale accommodation, varied and excellent food choices, and premium brand alcohol in our exotic cocktails. We also LOVE the Caribbean. You have set my mind at rest regarding the many comments about the age demographic, and I am now sure that we have chosen the right cruise line as well as the right ship:D