Carnival Valor 2.0

DreamingBig1

Nothing official from Carnival, but the rumor is (and I believe John Heald semi-confirmed on his blog) sometime in mid-to-late 2016 to allow for the completion of the current booking schedule so that no cruises already scheduled would have to be cancelled.

Valor was scheduled for drydock and 2.0 upgrades in 2014 but it was cancelled earlier in the year. Although no official reason was announced, it is believed it was due to the lack of necessity for the 2.0 upgrades due to the port-intensive itinerary the ship was sailing. Then of course, a few months later, it was announced Carnival was swapping the Liberty and Valor and the Valor would go to Florida.

Can you tell me the differences that the 2.0 makes? I know there would not be a Guy's Burgers but I am not sure that would be a deal breaker for me. I hate eating at a buffet for lunch but too many burgers is not good either.

Does anyone know what the menu is? Or if they have lunch vs brunch on the Valor? I do not care for the brunch menu so much on sea days on the Liberty. And the Liberty has something called Americas Table menu. Not sure how that would differ from other ships.

We had not sailed on Carnival in 2 years but now we are retired so will be cruising more. I just want to have an idea what I am getting into ahead of time. We are close to Platinum but I am considering other lines.

Can you tell me the differences that the 2.0 makes? I know there would not be a Guy's Burgers but I am not sure that would be a deal breaker for me. I hate eating at a buffet for lunch but too many burgers is not good either.

Does anyone know what the menu is? Or if they have lunch vs brunch on the Valor? I do not care for the brunch menu so much on sea days on the Liberty. And the Liberty has something called Americas Table menu. Not sure how that would differ from other ships.

We had not sailed on Carnival in 2 years but now we are retired so will be cruising more. I just want to have an idea what I am getting into ahead of time. We are close to Platinum but I am considering other lines.

Actually to us the 2.0 supposed "upgrade" was really a "downgrade". They took away most of the live music, put in DJ's, they downgraded entertainment/shows by taking out live orchestra and full cast of singers/dancers and put in canned music with video and a handful of dancers/singers....poor poor shows. You could always get hamburgers on the lido at the back grill, just not called "Guys". They added more "pay for fee" bars/venues.....not an upgrade in our book, but a big "bluff" to the public.

We can't wait to go back on the Valor in a few weeks, which hasn't been touched yet and enjoy CCL the old fashioned way.

Actually to us the 2.0 supposed "upgrade" was really a "downgrade". They took away most of the live music, put in DJ's, they downgraded entertainment/shows by taking out live orchestra and full cast of singers/dancers and put in canned music with video and a handful of dancers/singers....poor poor shows. You could always get hamburgers on the lido at the back grill, just not called "Guys". They added more "pay for fee" bars/venues.....not an upgrade in our book, but a big "bluff" to the public.

We can't wait to go back on the Valor in a few weeks, which hasn't been touched yet and enjoy CCL the old fashioned way.

Having the old style shows is a good reason to sail on the Valor. Guys burgers are good but playlist productions are really pathetic compared to what use to be.

I'm just grateful the Valor still has the older menu and white tablecloths! I have experienced the 2.0 on The Glory. Guys Burger and the burrito place was the only true upgrades we noticed. Other than that, everything else seemed like a downgrade. The lack of tablecloths alone made the dining experience seen like a Golden Corral. People were louder, kids ran around more, and people were singing at their own tables (as if they were at their own homes and not in a dining room on a cruise ship) and were just so loud it was irritating. Made it just way too casual. And ALL of the "beef dishes" were horrible on the new menu. None of the "steaks" were real steaks. The old menu is what I am looking forward to the most on my upcoming spring cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by t1adams

I was on the Valor and the Liberty. Even though I do like the 2.0 upgrades, the Valor in itself is a great ship. Actually, I'm sailing on her again in May 2015.

I wouldn't let the lack of 2.0 upgrades stop you from sailing on her if it has the timeframe/itinerary you want. Remember, those 2.0 and upgraded ships are reflected in the price also.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually prefer the 2.0 upgrades. I don't really see any more pay venues than there used to be. I love Guys and the Blue Iguana. Didn't care for the old shows any different than the new shows. The Red Frog Rum and the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar were always there, just different names. Candy Shop was there before as well. Sports bar was their and renamed. Added the Alchemy bar, which I love. What other upgrades am I forgetting?

The American Table menus are completely different as the Imagination and Inspiration both have it and are not 2.0 ships.

Oh, good god, let the "Playlist production" issue die already... we don't need to hear about it in every thread..

I never knew what the big deal was. I am not very picky so I could not imagine not liking the shows. I found out what the big deal was. I went to the first one and left the second one early and did not even try the last 2.

Just when I am 10 days away from Platinum if this is what it is going to I will find another cruise line. We don't gamble so we have to have something to do at night.