12 days to cruise, should I book now?

Pickles61

The other day I decided to go on a last minute cruise and booked the Ecstasy for myself and 2 boys. I got what I think is a great price $146.00 a person :) for an inside, never stayed in an inside but for this price I will.

My Mom and her boyfriend are going on the cruise also (both seniors), I can get them a port hole room for that same price as I got, but she really wants an ocean-view or Balcony. The Balcony is what I think is way too much money for 3 nights $780 for both of them, and an overview is $560 for both of them.

Since we are so close to the cruise date should I wait to see if the prices drop for a ocean-view or book now and not take a chance that the prices might go up because of limited rooms available?

What abut upgrades when we get on board the ship, if available are they less expensive then if I had upgraded ahead of time?

I usually book months and months in advance, last minute booking are so new to me

Thanks everyone for your help

Upgrades on the ship almost never happen.

I would say book what you want now, with 12 days left they will be trying to upsell anything and everything so the availability will be changing by the minute.

I would go with the porthole and sell it as we are trying new things and for a 3 day cruise it is a great trial room, to see if you like it in the future.