Dining??

LadyBerard

We are a group of 10 sailing on 1/23. I have been informed numerous times that the RCL group coordinator has reserved us for traditional dining at 6 p.m., rotating through the 4 complimentary restaurants then repeating the rotation. My question is, what is the earliest time the restaurants open? Is it 5:30 or 6?

There is not traditional dining on this ship. It's all by reservation. If your travel agent had enough foresight to book you for 6 pm for every night -- you need to give them the tip.

The restaurants do not rotate their menus, so best to rotate the restaurants. You will find you like some more than others.

We are a group of 10 sailing on 1/23. I have been informed numerous times that the RCL group coordinator has reserved us for traditional dining at 6 p.m., rotating through the 4 complimentary restaurants then repeating the rotation. My question is, what is the earliest time the restaurants open? Is it 5:30 or 6?

On the 12/12 sailing, all the restaurants (complimentary and specialty) opened at 530.

There is not traditional dining on this ship. It's all by reservation. If your travel agent had enough foresight to book you for 6 pm for every night -- you need to give them the tip.

The travel agent earns a commission and is only doing his/her job. In my opinion no tip is expected or warranted.

I just want to know what time the restaurants opened so that on the first night we could go down to Silk at 5:30 and find out if indeed our reservations were made as I was advised by the RCI groups coordinator. As I stated, I was advised that the first night we would be in Silk, 2nd night Chic, third night Grande, and fourth night American Icon, then rotate through the restaurants again for 5th through 8th night, etc.

I just want to know what time the restaurants opened so that on the first night we could go down to Silk at 5:30 and find out if indeed our reservations were made as I was advised by the RCI groups coordinator. As I stated, I was advised that the first night we would be in Silk, 2nd night Chic, third night Grande, and fourth night American Icon, then rotate through the restaurants again for 5th through 8th night, etc.

You can check on line by logging onto Royal Caribbean and selecting "my cruises." Find your reservation and then you can look at your dining reservations. Just select "add" for dining and then it will "build your cruise." When it does that go to the upper right and select "My Calendar." You can view by day or look at "full calendar" and it'll show you all the reservations you have made and the times.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ladyberard- I was looking to see how your group reservations went but seems we will be on the same cruise: (1/23)

Way back you posted something about rotating dining and I was glad to see you were given the same info I was. We were the ones with a party of 22 (11 reservations) and our travel agent set up a rotating dining at 6pm for us. Chic/Grande/Silk/American Icon

We reserved QoS before the DD was announced and spent months trying to do reservations finally our TA gave us the option of “rotating dining.” We were very happy about this. We were told they would not show up on our cruise planner as it was done special through Groups and our TA. I was told to send the spreadsheet they sent me to my group and tell them not to worry about dining from here.

Reading the forums I was getting concerned our dinners would not show up correctly (computer issues or something) so I wanted some kind of written confirmation I could print out from RC, maybe an email or something to confirm. (I do have TA email with dates and times but nothing from RC) I have been trying to get them to send something or even confirm our dinners and today I was told that the email from my TA would suffice and they cant confirm any dinners for our group because it is specially done from groups dept and there are on confirmations. They said, If my concern about there being an error on our cruise compass when we board I can use the TA email as confirmation. This just doesn’t seem right that RC can not confirm this information. I am really concerned that the group is going to get on this ship on the 23rd and not have any reservation and it will all come down on me.

Are you having the problems or did you get confirmation from RC? Has anyone had any experience with a large group and Dynamic Dining? The more info I try to get the more I worry. My TA keeps saying all is set/RC says the email is all I need, but right now RC can't confirm our dining and we leave on the next sailing!? Does not sound right at all. Any suggestions other then "it is what it will be" cause that's where I am now.

First, let me say that I am the travel agent for our group. So I am the one calling Royal Caribbean to confirm dining. I have called four times now just to make sure what I am being told is accurate since nobody on CC seems to have sailed in a group and has had this rotational dining supposedly booked by the RCI group coordinator. I'm hoping all goes well on 1/23/15. If not, we will just show up at dinner at 5:30 and hopefully get in in a timely fashion.

hello ladyberard- i was looking to see how your group reservations went but seems we will be on the same cruise: (1/23)

way back you posted something about rotating dining and i was glad to see you were given the same info i was. We were the ones with a party of 22 (11 reservations) and our travel agent set up a rotating dining at 6pm for us. Chic/grande/silk/american icon

we reserved qos before the dd was announced and spent months trying to do reservations finally our ta gave us the option of “rotating dining.” we were very happy about this. We were told they would not show up on our cruise planner as it was done special through groups and our ta. I was told to send the spreadsheet they sent me to my group and tell them not to worry about dining from here.

Reading the forums i was getting concerned our dinners would not show up correctly (computer issues or something) so i wanted some kind of written confirmation i could print out from rc, maybe an email or something to confirm. (i do have ta email with dates and times but nothing from rc) i have been trying to get them to send something or even confirm our dinners and today i was told that the email from my ta would suffice and they cant confirm any dinners for our group because it is specially done from groups dept and there are on confirmations. They said, if my concern about there being an error on our cruise compass when we board i can use the ta email as confirmation. This just doesn’t seem right that rc can not confirm this information. I am really concerned that the group is going to get on this ship on the 23rd and not have any reservation and it will all come down on me.

Are you having the problems or did you get confirmation from rc? Has anyone had any experience with a large group and dynamic dining? The more info i try to get the more i worry. My ta keeps saying all is set/rc says the email is all i need, but right now rc can't confirm our dining and we leave on the next sailing!? Does not sound right at all. Any suggestions other then "it is what it will be" cause that's where i am now.

\

i do not have any written confirmation regarding our group rotational dining whatsoever.

Hello Ladyberard- I was looking to see how your group reservations went but seems we will be on the same cruise: (1/23)

Way back you posted something about rotating dining and I was glad to see you were given the same info I was. We were the ones with a party of 22 (11 reservations) and our travel agent set up a rotating dining at 6pm for us. Chic/Grande/Silk/American Icon

We reserved QoS before the DD was announced and spent months trying to do reservations finally our TA gave us the option of “rotating dining.” We were very happy about this. We were told they would not show up on our cruise planner as it was done special through Groups and our TA. I was told to send the spreadsheet they sent me to my group and tell them not to worry about dining from here.

Reading the forums I was getting concerned our dinners would not show up correctly (computer issues or something) so I wanted some kind of written confirmation I could print out from RC, maybe an email or something to confirm. (I do have TA email with dates and times but nothing from RC) I have been trying to get them to send something or even confirm our dinners and today I was told that the email from my TA would suffice and they cant confirm any dinners for our group because it is specially done from groups dept and there are on confirmations. They said, If my concern about there being an error on our cruise compass when we board I can use the TA email as confirmation. This just doesn’t seem right that RC can not confirm this information. I am really concerned that the group is going to get on this ship on the 23rd and not have any reservation and it will all come down on me.

Are you having the problems or did you get confirmation from RC? Has anyone had any experience with a large group and Dynamic Dining? The more info I try to get the more I worry. My TA keeps saying all is set/RC says the email is all I need, but right now RC can't confirm our dining and we leave on the next sailing!? Does not sound right at all. Any suggestions other then "it is what it will be" cause that's where I am now.

If all works as we've been told, we'll be eating in Americon Icon on the fourth night with your group.

We had a similar set up though our travel agent with a group of 11. Our reservations never showed up in the cruise planner online, but once we got on board they showed up in the Royal IQ app and we were set.

We also had 6pm reservations and the best part was there was never really any line to get in because even if the restaurant opens earlier, they are not going to seat anyone at your table. The downside (at least on our cruise) was that with a large group, the reservations were completely inflexible and it was very hard to change the time for all of us (we managed to get in one night at Jamie's at 8:45, but there were other days where our activities were cut short because we had to make an early dinner). I would browse your itinerary and see if there are any excursions that might interfere with your dining time and try to make those changes before you board.

Have fun!