Has anyone been in the Captain's Suite?

RCH1234

They are really nice accommodations, but only you can decide if $1K more is worth it. The link below has some wonderful pics of the captain's suite on the Sunshine, and youtube has several videos of some on other ships. I didn't see one specifically for the Conquest but I imagine they are all about the same.

We stayed next to the captain's suite on the Freedom - in a grand scenic oceanview. Got plenty of chances to see the Captain's suite. Aside from that huge balcony, I thought our room was just as nice. Just not as big.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961624&highlight=loved+captain+s+suite

Received our only up sell call for the Owner's, Captain's, Penthouse suite for our Oct Sensation cruise. Pricey but we were good with it and treated it as a once in a life time thing.

Excellent accomodations. Large living area and huge bedroom with a bath/closet area that was incredible. Two flat screens, surround sound in all rooms. Nice!

We spend a fair amount time in the cabin late afternoon and early evenings. Enjoyed it immensley. No extra perks other than a very nice welcome fruit basket and champaigne from the Hotel Director.

Let your budget be your guide. If it ain't painful do it!

No, I have never stayed in a Captain Suite.

BUT....

On the last day of our Glory cruise, right before getting off, we went up there to look at the Scenic Oceanview Rooms, because we are considering one for our Thanksgiving '15 cruise. Since the Captain's Suite was open and unlocked, I toured it.

It was BEYOND beautiful. All the front windows were floor to ceiling, and on the balcony, there were several chairs, as well as a lounger. It was actually getting sun! And the front of the balcony was also floor-to-ceiling glass. Inside, there was a living space, a table and chairs, a bedroom, closets, and a HUGE bathroom with a jacuzzi tub.

Is it worth it? Yes. Would I get it? Most likely not. Personally, the extra $1500-$2500 you spend on a cruise to get a suite can be used for another cruise. But it's all what you want.

Hope everything works out! :D