Dawn - Condition

rhinomike

That's too funny - we did notice the things I bolded from your post (particularly the elevator buttons as one was at the banks closest to our room and my mother kept pushing that one even when it was wrong just because it stood out, lol) but it was nothing more than a passing comment, and certainly did not impede our enjoyment of the cruise in any way. Had I not read this post I probably wouldn't have even remembered them to be honest.

Just off the Dawn on Sunday. We had a great time. No issues with our suite.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

Very glad to read this thread. We'll be on the Dawn for first time in July and so looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad. Typos are inevitable.

Soccersharon, you will love it!! This was our 4th time sailing on the Dawn

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

It may have been a fluke, but we just got off last Sunday and we had the worst cabin we have ever had. It was 10656. When we first got there the balcony door wouldn't open. We forced it upen about a foot so we could at least get out. We called and they sent someone to fix it. Our cabin stewardess showed up and told him the closet door was broken, too.

When I was getting ready for dinner, I found the bathroom sink was clogged up. I also found the refrigerator door was broken.

That night the balcony door sounded like someone was tapping loudly on the glass with a piece of metal, but it went away the next day and I never heard it again.

We were able to sit on the balcony the next day and I first noticed the door and divider between us and the next cabin had been damaged somehow and they had used some bright white paint to cover it up. It was peeling off. Then I noticed that they had replaced the "clear" part of the railing on one side. It was shaped different and was so badly scratched and pitted you couldn't see through it in places.

This was our 69th cruise and as I said, our worst cabin ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Forums mobile app

Edited by gooch47

I love threads like this one. So often I read reviews were people are nitpicking a ship to death. Don't misunderstand me, sometimes their complaints are legit. But more often than not it's just general unhappiness.

As long as it's on the top of the water, has food and alcohol, I'm good. Glad to hear the Dawn is in good shape. I'm on it in July.

We have 2 connecting ocean view cabins. They are nice. Nothing wrong. Clean. Carpet looks ok. Good condition.

Here is a live pic from my bed. Relaxing before dinner. Lol.

My eyes aren't the best, so I can't tell if these are the old CRT televisions or the newer small flat screens?

Edited by kcfoxy

New flat screen TV's.

We were on the Dawn 2 weeks ago. It was so good, since we've been back, I've booked two more cruises on the Dawn, same itinerary, same week, same room. It was one of the best cruises we've been on. The food was great and the entertainment was special. We found the condition of the ship to be perfectly fine as well. The crew was great as well. I didn't have any problems with anyone. And usually you will encounter some crew member having a bad day or something, so they may not be on top of their game. But not on this cruise. Every crew member we encountered was extremely pleasant and made us feel special.

I hate that others had problems, but it is a big ship. We obviously didn't see the same things that others did.

Thanks! Rhinomike and all you help us to just book a cruise on the 4/19. Worry that NCL would start to cut back on repairs work. We are on the 9th deck in a BA room. Thinking that a bad day on a cruise is still better than work??

I was on the dawn June 6th to Bermuda 2014. Cabin was fine. New carpets in some places. They were varnishing the railings on most decks though. With wet paint signs around. Had a better time than on the breakaway.

I have a year and two months to wait. Are any maintenance periods scheduled yet? We enjoyed the Jewel in 2014, which was right before a planned maintenance period and I could see some areas that were 'waiting' for that, but generally in tip top shape and certainly nothing was 'broken'. As far as rust on a ship, well that's like saying snow is cold.

We are just off the Dawn yesterday and had a wonderful holiday. Yes there were some plumbing issues in different areas of the ship with Public Restrooms and a couple that were out of service the entire trip, however there was always another bathroom around the corner that was open and spotless.

The couple we were travelling with stayed on the 10th floor and their neighbours had an issue one morning that was quickly attended to by NCL and was caused somewhere else down the line however never re-occurred.

We were on the Dawn seven years ago and while she has aged, it is a ship that is still in good repair and the staff on board made our trip one to remember.