Getting passport tomorrow! Card ok for Belize?

Mrs.Gosse

One more reason to get card+book: future Visas. I was supposed to go to India last October for work, which required turning over my passport for what was predicted to be 21 days to get a Visa added. We had a 7-day Alaska cruise in August and a one-nighter Seattle-Vancouver in September, which would have made the Visa very tricky or caused me to miss one of the cruises. I ended up taking an alternate route, an "Enhanced" drivers license since I live in a border state (Washington). As soon as I realized the scenario, I applied for the EDL (showed my passport, surrendered my existing license, got a paper license to use for 2-3 weeks), went on the August cruise, and as soon as the EDL arrived in the mail, I sent off my passport for the India Visa, knowing I could do the one-nighter cruise with my EDL. I did have to make sure my Cruise Personalizer had the EDL as the immigration document to avoid headaches. Of course, work uses an agent to get the Indian Visas handled, and they turned my passport around in a week, and of course the day I got my passport back was the day that my trip got canceled...

Long story short, having multiple forms of citizenship documents can easily be quite useful, even if you have to manage different use cases.