Allure with 3 year old

kimmy_bos

We have just booked to go on the Allure next October 2015. 1st time oasis class eeek!

Our little emilie will be 3 when we sail so will be old enough for adventure ocean.

She has cruised on RC twice before and we have used the nursery but never had any experience with adventure ocean.

any hints, tips, must see etc

So excited

She'll have a great time, I'm sure. Most of the kids LOVE AO! Especially, the younger kids...once they hit 14 or so, they prefer more time on their own.

There is soooooo much to do on this ship that you may not have time to "do it all"....pick what is most important to you!

She'll have a great time, I'm sure. Most of the kids LOVE AO! Especially, the younger kids...once they hit 14 or so, they prefer more time on their own.

There is soooooo much to do on this ship that you may not have time to "do it all"....pick what is most important to you!

Aww that's great to hear what are you top 5?

I sailed Allure with my 3y/o and there is a lot to do. Kids need to be completely potty-trained to be in Adventure Ocean- no pull ups. My son loved the boardwalk-face painting and carousel. He also enjoyed the water park area a lot! There is a pretty deep pool in that area and my son can't swim so just make sure your child doesn't wander over there unattended. Dreamworks parade, ice show, ice skating, ocean aria show, you won't be bored!

My son was 3 years and 3 months when we went so was prob one of the youngest in AO. The kids put on a little show at the end that you must see! He liked AO and I never had any problems. Going on Oasis in a few months and he just turned 4- he is looking forward to it! If you have specific questions I will try and answer them,

I sailed Allure with my 3y/o and there is a lot to do. Kids need to be completely potty-trained to be in Adventure Ocean- no pull ups. My son loved the boardwalk-face painting and carousel. He also enjoyed the water park area a lot! There is a pretty deep pool in that area and my son can't swim so just make sure your child doesn't wander over there unattended. Dreamworks parade, ice show, ice skating, ocean aria show, you won't be bored!

My son was 3 years and 3 months when we went so was prob one of the youngest in AO. The kids put on a little show at the end that you must see! He liked AO and I never had any problems. Going on Oasis in a few months and he just turned 4- he is looking forward to it! If you have specific questions I will try and answer them,

We are starting potty training next week so fingers crossed all should be ok for October. Was there a charge for the face painting / carousel?

We have used the royal babies nursery before on Liberty and serenade and were very impressed so can't wait for emilie to try out Ao. The show sounds too cute...

We have a boardwalk balcony - what cabins did you choose with your little one?

Any good places to eat with toddlers?

The is no charge for the carousel or face painting, but I tipped the lady a couple of dollars. There is also a hot dog area and doughnuts out on the boardwalk. Johnny Rockets is free for breakfast and it was OK-would like to try it for dinner on my next cruise. We mostly ate in Windjammer buffet because my son didn't do well in a formal dining area (way too long). The Park Cafe is good and the promenade cafe for snacks. Going to try the main dining room now that he is a year older and can follow directions better.

Your daughter should be fine on potty training-maybe show her pictures of the H2O zone for encouragement and only 'big kids' out of pull ups can go there.

We had an ocean view balcony and will have a junior suite with balcony on the Oasis. The balcony doors have a lock up top. I was very strict with my son on the balcony-absolutely no horseplay. Your Boardwalk balcony sounds fun! The Allure/Oasis are truly amazing ships-you will love it!

Hi Jinxy

Would love to see some pics of your allure adventure or upcoming oasis cruise?

thanks for all the helpful info

Just curious how long did your son in ao at a time? Emilie is very used to going to nursery so I have no concerns about her going in and having lots of fun. Did you choose some time in the day or at night or both?

Kind regards

The is no charge for the carousel or face painting, but I tipped the lady a couple of dollars. There is also a hot dog area and doughnuts out on the boardwalk. Johnny Rockets is free for breakfast and it was OK-would like to try it for dinner on my next cruise. We mostly ate in Windjammer buffet because my son didn't do well in a formal dining area (way too long). The Park Cafe is good and the promenade cafe for snacks. Going to try the main dining room now that he is a year older and can follow directions better.

Your daughter should be fine on potty training-maybe show her pictures of the H2O zone for encouragement and only 'big kids' out of pull ups can go there.

We had an ocean view balcony and will have a junior suite with balcony on the Oasis. The balcony doors have a lock up top. I was very strict with my son on the balcony-absolutely no horseplay. Your Boardwalk balcony sounds fun! The Allure/Oasis are truly amazing ships-you will love it!

I absolutely support the no horseplay on the balcony - we were very strict with em when we were on serenade last september when she had just turned 2.

I would usually leave my son there for at least 2 hours at a time. The longest was about 3.5 hours when we went into port and left him in AO instead. He did great in AO and really enjoyed it- he willingly went and usually wanted to stay longer when it was time to pick him up. He goes to daycare/preschool so is used to separating from us. They had family art projects in another part of the kids area that was fun. I didn't take a lot of pics there because I didnt really want to photograph other people's children, but I can email u pics from around the ship and the water park.