Concerned.....Adventure of the Seas

TMcGovey

Just off the Xmas cruise. It's been a few years since I sailed Royal. Adventure was a great ship. You won't starve, we weren't impressed at all with Windjammer, but MDR was great after a bit of a rocky start. All of the staff were very friendly. Being Xmas, there were lots of families aboard, so the Bars were not as busy, we hardly ever had a wait. Only lines were in Windjammer & for the soft serve ice cream on the pool deck.

Missed having a bbq grill spot and outdoor dining on the aft deck that we've had on previous cruises, but all in all it was a great cruise.

Do the Behind the Scenes tour, it was great!

Love sailing out of San Juan, although hearing all the announcements twice (English & Spanish) was a bit of a pain. Used to it though, I live in Canada where everything is bilingual.

We didn't do many of the activities although there were lots to chose from.

Loved the Xmas decorations all around the ship. We had a Promenade cabin which was nice, except for a few late night events that were moved from on deck due to high winds.

No pool side BBQ day either for the same reason.

Johnny Rockets was worth a visit just to have a fresher hamburg, fries & onion rings.

Enjoy yourself!

What are your concerns?

We were on Adventure a few years ago and are headed back in April with our kids for the 2nd of their two southern caribbean iteneraries. We really like the ship a lot - great venues and things to do and fantastic ports (way better than the super ships - oasis and allure - that we go on for the ship but not the ports).

We enjoyed so much about this ship - what complaints and bad reviews do you mean?

Happy to answer if you have questions.

Hello all,

I have read many great reviews too, dont get me wrong. We are the kind of people who can make the best of most situations so nothing drastic is happening, just concerned. Apologies for the ramble. Anyone have any thoughts?

With this being said--my thoughts are, you will have a great time!!!:D

We got off the Adventure 3 weeks ago on 12/14. We also sailed on the Jewel the week before the Adventure.

AOS is a lovely ship, the crew is great, the food was good. The Windjammer's offerings were a little off, however. They served lunch food from 11:30 to 5pm, so no afternoon snack service.

However, our entire family had issues with the passengers. We also had the same issues the week before on the Jewel. Both sailings had a large majority of the passengers from Puerto Rico, and we just had problems with the cultural differences. The passengers were in large family groups that traveled all over the ships in packs of people, and were VERY NOISY. Lots of loud hand clapping, chanting, singing, and boisterous conversations. They also had to ride elevators together as a whole group, so elevator service was frequently stopped dead on Deck 11 outside the Windjammer.

My husband and I are quiet and keep to ourselves, so this was difficult for us for two continuous weeks. Just not our style. We have been on Spring Break cruises several times with no issues, because we could always find places to go to get away from the loud groups, but on these two San Juan sailings there was no way to do that because almost all the passengers were almost always in large groups everywhere.

We also found the behavior in the Windjammer to be very odd in the afternoon. People were pushing and shoving to get to the food while it was still being offered, and I have never in 41 years of cruising experienced a ship running out of food! They did almost every afternoon around 4pm. Lots of excessive eating going on in every dining venue.

This is just our experience and reactions, so everyone should make up their own mind based on what is important to them.

For you passengers who have been on the Adventure the past month, what are the toiletries (if any) in the rooms? I read nothing, you have to ask for it? is this correct? Thanks.

Hand soaps and some kind of gel attached in the shower. I didn't think to ask our steward for anything, but others have said they asked and received.

I was surprised, even in the cheapest motel you get lotion and shampoo/conditioner.

Must be a cost cutting move for sure, but it would have been nice to at least have a sign saying available if needed.