Question on the return time for dolphin swim.

CruzControl

I am looking at booking the dolphin swim or encounter when we are on the Carnival Dream in April. When I went to add the excursion to my "cart" on the carnival website, it asked me to pick an excursion time. So my question is if they say the excursion is from 9am-12:30, do we really have to return to the ship at 12:30? Or are we free to explore the park and return when we are ready? I guess I am trying to figure out how to fill the rest of the day if we really are only on the excursion for the 3 hours or so. But if we are free to remain at the park, then we will just stay and swim. Thanks for the help!!

I am looking at booking the dolphin swim or encounter when we are on the Carnival Dream in April. When I went to add the excursion to my "cart" on the carnival website, it asked me to pick an excursion time. So my question is if they say the excursion is from 9am-12:30, do we really have to return to the ship at 12:30? Or are we free to explore the park and return when we are ready? I guess I am trying to figure out how to fill the rest of the day if we really are only on the excursion for the 3 hours or so. But if we are free to remain at the park, then we will just stay and swim. Thanks for the help!!

We did this excursion twice because we loved it so much the first time.

After the swim with dolphins is done, you will have time to explore the area.

Take the time to visit the replication of the old Mayan culture, it is done very well and we got some great pictures there.

We also ate Mexican food served to us on the beach, or you could eat in their restuarant. Was not too pricey. It is past the swimming pool and the swim up water bar.

Spent some time in the ocean.

We were told we could go back to port at one of three times.

12:30

1:30

2:30

We just had to meet at the entrance and the tour guide would make sure we got our "included" transportation back to port.

If you chose to leave after 2:30 you will have to pay for your own cab. Because the tour guide leaves with the last scheduled time of 2:30.

Side note:

It is Hot here (no kidding, your in Mexico) both times we were only able to make it till 1:30.

We were more than ready to go back , shop and get back on board.

Well worth the money.

Pictures that they try to sell you here, very pricey, would not permit us to use our own water camera, the last time we went. Got some great pictures here the first year we went.

Last year we broke down and bought one and it was over $20Us.

Sea Ya

We did this excursion twice because we loved it so much the first time.

After the swim with dolphins is done, you will have time to explore the area.

Take the time to visit the replication of the old Mayan culture, it is done very well and we got some great pictures there.

We also ate Mexican food served to us on the beach, or you could eat in their restuarant. Was not too pricey. It is past the swimming pool and the swim up water bar.

Spent some time in the ocean.

We were told we could go back to port at one of three times.

12:30

1:30

2:30

We just had to meet at the entrance and the tour guide would make sure we got our "included" transportation back to port.b

If you chose to leave after 2:30 you will have to pay for your own cab. Because the tour guide leaves with the last scheduled time of 2:30.

Side note:

It is Hot here (no kidding, your in Mexico) both times we were only able to make it till 1:30.

We were more than ready to go back , shop and get back on board.

Well worth the money.

Pictures that they try to sell you here, very pricey, would not permit us to use our own water camera, the last time we went. Got some great pictures here the first year we went.

Last year we broke down and bought one and it was over $20Us.

Sea Ya

Thanks so much!! I think I will book this. I have read a lot of positive comments about this excursion. But it seems like there is so much to do, and I didn't want to be rushed back to the boat after what may seem like the dolphin swim and lunch. My oldest son loves everything about the ocean (we live in illinois so it is really a treat to see even a palm tree:), and my youngest just loves to dig in the sand.) I am glad that we will at least have the option of returning at a later time. And like you said, we always have the option of paying for a cab if we really are just having too much fun!!

Thanks so much!! I think I will book this. I have read a lot of positive comments about this excursion. But it seems like there is so much to do, and I didn't want to be rushed back to the boat after what may seem like the dolphin swim and lunch. My oldest son loves everything about the ocean (we live in illinois so it is really a treat to see even a palm tree:), and my youngest just loves to dig in the sand.) I am glad that we will at least have the option of returning at a later time. And like you said, we always have the option of paying for a cab if we really are just having too much fun!!

As I type this it is 4F in the great snow belt region, wind chill is making it that cold.

Even so, we said we would defintely make it when its that hot.

Dont let it fool you -- it is hot.

Dont get frustrated if you need to head back.

Drink plenty of fluids. water, water, water.

Enjoy We did

Sea Ya