Breakaway NY

baflagg

just a quick question, what time does the Breakaway actually leave the pier in NY. I thought 4:00 but my husband says no we have to be on the ship by 4:00 and we leave the dock at 5:00

We were on the Breakaway last summer but honestly I was not paying attention to the time. Taking the May 24th cruise and we will have family in NY that are planning to be seeing the Statue of Liberty the day we leave so they were wondering what time to go so they can see the ship sail by.

Thanks, Happy New Year

Edited by baflagg

Bermuda cruises depart at 4:00, Bahamas cruises depart at 3:00. You need to be onboard 2 hours prior, so for your cruise you need to be onboard by 2:00. As other posters have said, you generally pass the Statue about 45 minutes after you set sail. If it were my family wanting to see the ship pass by, I would have them at the Statue by 3:00. But that's just me. :o

We were on the 12/21/14 cruise, we departed just a bit late @ around 3:15PM, not too bad considering there was a delay in the ship being cleared for boarding, which didn't start till around 11:30-11:45AM

Keep in mind many different situations and conditions can cause the BA to depart late and not sail by the Statue of Liberty @ a specific time, using the quoted 3PM departure as a reference when it will pass the statue.

You really want to wait until the last minute to show up?

No no, we'll be on the ship plenty early as we will already be in NY but my husband thought 4:00 was the deadline when you had to be on by. I plan to be already on sitting somewhere with a pina colada by 4:00

We were on the 12/21/14 cruise, we departed just a bit late @ around 3:15PM, not too bad considering there was a delay in the ship being cleared for boarding, which didn't start till around 11:30-11:45AM

Keep in mind many different situations and conditions can cause the BA to depart late and not sail by the Statue of Liberty @ a specific time, using the quoted 3PM departure as a reference when it will pass the statue.

Hi fellow cruiser,

Just to add to your comment; it was additionally impressive that we set sail only a few minutes late when you consider how high the occupancy was. AND I did notice from my balcony (on the starboard side) that there were "a lot" of late arrival cruisers. The last group boarded the ship just before we set sail.

I was very impressed with how NCL handled check in and embarkation. And I found the waiting area to be comfortable enough.

To future cruisers,

Arriving nearly on time is for those that seriously can't make it to the terminal any earlier. There were 5000 people to check in on the 12/21 sailing. If some of us hadn't begun to arrive at 9am, NCL could never have processed all the arrivals. It is important to consider the entire picture and not your individual group.

Happy Cruising!!

Jeanne