Second cruise, first on carnival!

CanDMan47

I sail on my first Carnival cruise Sunday, and I still have a few minor questions, concerning soda.

1.) What soda do they have on the Dream? Is it just the standard Coke/Pepsi, Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi, Mnt Dew, etc... and if so, what else do they have?

2.) Last I'd heard the Royal lines were going to the fancy fountain machines, where you push a flavor (lime, cherry, orange, etc...) then add your soda and fill. Does the Dream have the dream machine for the soda package?

Thanks

Carnival carries Coca Cola products, including Barq's root beer, Mr Pibb and Fanta(?) orange.

If you want something special bring it on board with you. We always bring on A&W as Barq's doesn't make a good RB float. YMMV

No weird machines.

Edited by SadieN

Carnival carries Coca Cola products, including Barq's root beer, Mr Pibb and Fanta(?) orange.

If you want something special bring it on board with you. We always bring on A&W as Barq's doesn't make a good RB float. YMMV

No weird machines.

If you like a specific Ginger Ale (Canada Dry or Schweppes), they don't have it...they serve an off-brand (can't remember the name). Canada Dry is a Coke product, so I don't know whey they don't have it onboard. Also, they don't have Coke Zero.

Previous poster is right, if there is something specific you want, bring it onboard with you.

Carnival allows you to carry on your own sodas. It must be in your carry-ons, which can even be a 24" rolling suitcase, which is what I use. And you are limited to 12 each, 20 ounces or less. We always carry our own on, because we don't like Coke products, and I prefer to have several different flavors of Mt Dew. You can also pick up more when you're in port.

Combine carry-ons with the occasional can purchase, and there's no need to buy the soda package, unless you're the type that drinks about a gallon of soda a day. If so, be prepared. With the soda package, they still make you sign a paper for each soda that you get. It's poured from lukewarm cans (pouring half the can) into a cup overloaded with ice, so it's instantly watered down & flat, and you'll finish it in 3 seconds. Too much of a hassle for me to deal with.

Edited by k2excursion

If you like a specific Ginger Ale (Canada Dry or Schweppes), they don't have it...they serve an off-brand (can't remember the name). Canada Dry is a Coke product, so I don't know whey they don't have it onboard. Also, they don't have Coke Zero.

Previous poster is right, if there is something specific you want, bring it onboard with you.

The ginger ale on board is by Seagram's, which is a Coke product. It is also the club soda and tonic water that is used on board. Canada Dry is not a Coke product, they are owned by the Dr. Pepper/Snapple group. Finally, they do have Coke Zero on board as well as Sprite Zero, unless something has changed since my 1/13/13 sailing on the Breeze.

If you do decide to bring on soda, you're allowed one 12 pack per person and you can bring on additional 12 packs at any port that you visit.