Premium Drink Package - Reflection Transatlantic

roswellcruiser

I am considering the Premium Drink Package for my upcoming TA. I have never purchased a drink package before. It will be $1,085.00. Can anyone give me the pros and cons. Also, on RCCL, Vintages has a great selection of Italian wines. Does Celebrity? These are my favorite wines. FYI, I will be Elite on this cruise. Weighing the cost and benefits, I think that it would not be worth purchasing a Premium Drink Package unless someone can convince me differently. Thanks.

How much do you drink? Have you spent more that $1000 on alcohol on your previous cruises? You will get the elite lounge or coupons every night. Only you can decide if it is worth it. Personally, as an Elite member also, I wouldn't do it, but that is me.

How much do you drink? Have you spent more that $1000 on alcohol on your previous cruises? You will get the elite lounge or coupons every night. Only you can decide if it is worth it. Personally, as an Elite member also, I wouldn't do it, but that is me.

I agree with you :)

I'm not a huge drinker, and I also find as time goes on on a long TA, I drink less and less each day, and find more options for free drinks as time goes on and I pay attention to the dailies.

I'd honestly say don't buy the package and pay as you go, unless you are a big drinker. This is how I now travel unless I end up with a free package somehow.

You can also go 2 or 3 days without package and monitor your bill, and add the package for the remaining days if the math looks right, you have until 3 days prior to end of cruise to add the package paying only for remaining days.

When you also factor in port stops along the way, you will find even less value in the package.

I know it sounds like a lot of money, but I would think it would be worth it, especially on a TA. Remember, its not just alcohol; its water, coffees, etc.

Here is my reasoning:

• I enjoy lattes and specialty coffees and will have several each day.

• I enjoy the smoothies and yogurt parfait at the Aqua Spa Café.

• I enjoy a drink at the Molecular bar.

• I enjoy the Sangria at Qsine

• I enjoy a Martini at the Martini Bar

• I enjoy San Pellegrino with my meals.

• I enjoy splurging on a really nice glass of wine (and only pay the difference).

But most of all, I enjoy not worrying about it.

We are also Elite, and the Elite drinks are nice, but the pressure to have certain drinks at certain times is a bit stressful for me ☺.

We’ve done the math, and we always seem to come out even or close to even and there is no stress…. So totally worth it for us.

I am considering the Premium Drink Package for my upcoming TA. I have never purchased a drink package before. It will be $1,085.00. Can anyone give me the pros and cons. Also, on RCCL, Vintages has a great selection of Italian wines. Does Celebrity? These are my favorite wines. FYI, I will be Elite on this cruise. Weighing the cost and benefits, I think that it would not be worth purchasing a Premium Drink Package unless someone can convince me differently. Thanks.

My suggestion would be to purchase the beverage package just for your sea days. The first week or so of a TA is very port intensive and you're off the ship a lot. Why not just get it for the second leg of your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it sounds like a lot of money, but I would think it would be worth it, especially on a TA. Remember, its not just alcohol; its water, coffees, etc.

Here is my reasoning:

• I enjoy lattes and specialty coffees and will have several each day.

• I enjoy the smoothies and yogurt parfait at the Aqua Spa Café.

• I enjoy a drink at the Molecular bar.

• I enjoy the Sangria at Qsine

• I enjoy a Martini at the Martini Bar

• I enjoy San Pellegrino with my meals.

• I enjoy splurging on a really nice glass of wine (and only pay the difference).

On Summit in August/September, Qsine would not accept drink packages for any of their "menu" drinks, said it was a new policy. Drinks NOT on their specialty menus were still covered, they had even raised the prices of their menu drinks to $14 to be above the $13 package price, and still insisted we couldn't pay the $1 extra, - that none of their menu drinks were in the package.

I would do it in a heartbeat because the elite hours just don't cover the times of day I'd like to have a drink. I generally don't even get started drinking in the evening until the elite hour is over anyway. You don't have to be a heavy drinker to get the value of the package, but I do agree with the advice that if you aren't sure, wait a few days and buy it pro-rated.

My suggestion would be to purchase the beverage package just for your sea days. The first week or so of a TA is very port intensive and you're off the ship a lot. Why not just get it for the second leg of your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reflection TA has lots of ports once reaching Europe. So this methodology isn't likely to work well. I was watching the itinerary for a while, but it's also kind of expensive for a TA. Maybe post final payments....

• Miami
  • 7 sea days
  • Tenerife, Canary Islands
  • Malaga, Spain
  • Cartagena, Spain
  • Barcelona, Spain, - OVERNIGHT!
  • Nice (Villefranche)
  • Florence / Pisa (Livorno),Italy
  • Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

On Summit in August/September, Qsine would not accept drink packages for any of their "menu" drinks, said it was a new policy. Drinks NOT on their specialty menus were still covered, they had even raised the prices of their menu drinks to $14 to be above the $13 package price, and still insisted we couldn't pay the $1 extra, - that none of their menu drinks were in the package.

Celebrity is so consistently inconsistent.

I have heard of this issue at QSine for years on these boards... but personally have never experienced it.

Wish they would get their act together so we could plan accoordingly.

I like the ultimate dining package, now I'm concerned I won't be able to get it (due to recent posts)... I'd book Aqua if I couldn't get the ultimate dining package... but it's all a crap shot :(

Oh well, any day on a ship is better than a day on land.

I would do it in a heartbeat because the elite hours just don't cover the times of day I'd like to have a drink. I generally don't even get started drinking in the evening until the elite hour is over anyway. You don't have to be a heavy drinker to get the value of the package, but I do agree with the advice that if you aren't sure, wait a few days and buy it pro-rated.

Agree. Elite happy hour is too early for those who dine at 8:30.

I wonder if someone just decided they could make some extra $ with this policy. The website still states "Your package can be used in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. "

I think I'll print the text and if they say it, ask for where the policy is posted and to please show it to me, in writing.

Curt, did you escalate it or just drop it?