Tennis Venue to MELBOURNE International Airport

My DD, S-i-L, and Grandaughter (24) are on the Diamond Princess (Auckland to Sydney) next month. We need your advice, please.

The 3 of them are staying in a hotel just down the street (a bus-ride away) from the Tennis venue to see the Tennis championships on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 January.

Their QANTAS PLANE LEAVES AT 6 PM. I guess they will need to go back to their hotel for luggage after leaving the tennis match. How long should they allow for a taxi to get to MEL airport? Is it 2 hours or 3 hours prior to flight time because this is an international flight?

Thank you very much for your help.

Donna, Princess Commodore

My DD, S-i-L, and Grandaughter (24) are on the Diamond Princess (Auckland to Sydney) next month. We need your advice, please.

The 3 of them are staying in a hotel just down the street (a bus-ride away) from the Tennis venue to see the Tennis championships on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 January.

Their QANTAS PLANE LEAVES AT 6 PM. I guess they will need to go back to their hotel for luggage after leaving the tennis match. How long should they allow for a taxi to get to MEL airport? Is it 2 hours or 3 hours prior to flight time because this is an international flight?

Thank you very much for your help.

Donna, Princess Commodore

Well is it a week day? If so then you need to allow for extra time for peak hour traffic.

Edited by icat2000

Still school holiday time, so traffic is lighter.

It would depend where exactly the hotel is in relation to the freeway entrances or crossing the cbd. Should be 30-40 minutes by taxi.

Airlines mostly say 2 hours prior for international flights, but some are stretching out to 3. Check with the carrier.

Edited by Docker123