Disney dream...

Karen Lynn

I can't recall. Can you pre book the live shows onboard?

Thanks!!

You don't book the shows. You just go to the theatre. I'm figuring you're talking about the nightly production shows in the Walt Disney Theatre?

If you have early seating for dinner, you go to the show afterwards. If you have late seating for dinner, you go to the show beforehand.

Thanks all!

And castaway cay, clamshells to rent? What a memory..or lack thereof!!!

No, there are Cabanas. On the Family Beach $590 (effective 1/1/15). On Serenity Bay I believe they are going to be $420. There's a new Bahamas VAT that starts 1/1/15 that's raising the cost for them.

There are a very limited number and pretty much sell out to Concierge when their reservation window opens.

Here's a picture of the cabanas:

2wdt455.jpg

If you have kids.... go there early for the front row. My relatives did that and some of the kids got invited onto the stage as some of the dwarves for one of the Wonder shows on the last night.

Hints on how to get selected--they are looking for kids who are "not too shy" as in who will speak to the CM who comes by, who are SITTING in their seats (not climbing over their neighbor, jumping around, etc. Just generally, they want a kid who will do as he/she is told on stage and will not chicken out at the last minute. The CM will typically ask the child what his/her name is, engage in some minimal conversation (are you having fun on your cruise?) and then ask if they'd like to "help out" on the stage. Great photo op if your child is chosen!

they'd like to "help out" on the stage. Great photo op if your child is chosen!

Thanks for the tips... I thought photos were not permitted in the theatre.

Sent from the Blackberry Passport w/ Snap

Thanks for the tips... I thought photos were not permitted in the theatre.

Sent from the Blackberry Passport w/ Snap

You are correct that the rules have changed. It used to be "no flash photography and turn off your light up screen." It has been changed to no photos. So sad that people can't follow the rules and result in spoiling it for all of us.

Sorry, I was thinking about some of our photos...from the old days. They won't prevent you from bringing in a camera, but they will speak to you if they see you using it.

Save you $$ and, just hang out on the beach. Our family of 10 managed to score a really sweet spot on the beach with not one but TWO hammock's under shade trees! It was perfect. Best nap I've taken in ages. :) Why would you want to hang out in a little room when you could be enoying the sun and surf?