Princess Tour to Edinburgh Tattoo

Shogun

Shogun,

Thanks for posting the video. We were on the same sailing as you, we were in section 8. We didn't do video, only still photos as we were afraid of draining our camera batteries.

Lorraine

Edited by bconley351
Add sentence, fix spelling.

Hi All

Thought the Zulu girls were brave topless in Scotland, they must have felt cold.

For those that have not seen tattoo it is different each year

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

That was fun watching that again. We were lucky we did not miss it. I somehow lost our tickets. Luckily, we were directed to the box office. Since we had bought them on the internet and could prove who we were and had the credit card had been used to purchase them, they were able to provide us with duplicate tickets.

Hi there

Good to know you were still able to see the show without original tickets

Yours Shogun

It was an interesting day to say the least.

First, it was our wedding anniversary (#37).

We had dinner out at a restaurant (Garfunkels) that we remembered from our last time in Scotland in 2005. (Actually my only previous time in Scotland. My wife had been there several times as her late father was born in Scotland, and had been an RAF pilot in WWII before emigrating to the US to work for British Airways, BOAC when he first went to work for them.)

My wife had brought no ID with her off the ship. Luckily, I had my driver's license with the same last name as her and the same address. I also had the credit card with which we had bought the tickets online. They quizzed my wife as to her e-mail address that she had ordered the tickets from and the physical address they were sent to. When they were now sure we really were who we said we were, they supplied duplicate tickets.

Needless to say, we were very grateful, and thanked them profusely.

And that was not our only "disaster' on our wedding anniversary. Just before leaving the restaurant my wife had gone to the lady's room. She hung up her jacket and CAMERA on a hook, and they fell. The camera stopped working.

It turned out she had broken the lens, but not the camera. She was able to replace it on board on the next sea day, but got no Tattoo pictures or pictures the next day in Dumferline. I did say to her that she probably was able to enjoy the Tattoo more because she did not have to worry about getting perfect pictures.

Hi

You do lead an interesting or is that stressful life,

Did you order the official DVD from the tattoo, you still can if you want too,

So many folk have never heard about the tattoo or think its a bagpipe only thing,

It is so much more

Do not wait so long been visits, Royal doing UK this year

Happy new year to you

Yours Shogun

Hi

Have a great time at the tattoo,

couple of bits of advise,

if you need the WC, go before show starts, there are lines of porta loos

below the stands, which get nasty by the end of the night,

even if its been a warm sunny day, take light weight clothes so you can wrap up warm, and never go with out wet weather gear,

does your cruise go to Orkney

yours Shogun

We landed in Glasgow in 2003 and had booked the Princess bus ride to Edinburgh. I had the Noro & stayed behind to sleep the day away (really...I went back to bed at 9AM and woke up at 3:30 to find the cabin made up around me). I sent my husband, Pete, on to the tattoo, where he had a great, but not entirely sober, time at the Fringe Festival.

Steve