Afternoon canapés

Wj420

does anyone know if it's possible to just have a cheese & cracker plate delivered each evening in place of the surprise plate (...of raisins, chips and breadsticks! lol)

Just got back off X, actually 22 Dec, we had cheese plate every afternoon, the variety of cheese and fruit varied a bit but a nice little treat to tide us over with 8:30 diner, just asked our Steward on the 1st day no problems.

Christmas cruise at holiday prices. One day we received a small bowl of raisins, potato chips and three breadsticks! It was bizarre!

We were intrigued by the selection of canapes on our Millenium sailing in November. We cancelled them on the second day but only found out on the last day of our cruise that there was a cheese and biscuits option! Grrrr

I just returned from a holiday cruise as well. We were in a Concierge cabin and had to fill out a form each day to receive any afternoon canapés. To try to beat the system, on the first day I wrote on my sheet specifically to "please deliver each day of the cruise". I specified what we wanted (cheese and crackers.) The next day, I received the plate and it did have the cheese and crackers. However, I got a new form each day - our room steward said that I'd have to submit for every day. Of course, I forgot after the 2nd day and then didn't get anything. I thought that was a perk of concierge to receive afternoon canapés...it was crazy that I had to fill out paperwork each day of my vacation. I've never had that before.

I just got back in Concierge too no problems at all to get a cheese plate every afternoon, and contrary to what we had read if we weren't there it was left on the table.

Really? I even asked our room steward. I was not thrilled with him at all, so I was really hoping that it wasn't just him. But now I guess it was. I should have asked around after the first day. Disappointing!

Really? I even asked our room steward. I was not thrilled with him at all, so I was really hoping that it wasn't just him. But now I guess it was. I should have asked around after the first day. Disappointing!

No, he was definitely not the only one. On the Reflection in November, our room steward Albertina was having none of it when I asked to have them delivered daily. She said something about different times and I said we'd be there, just bring them. Nope.

I truly feel that this whole canapé thing will be the next thing cut. It has gone from an automatic benefit to an only if you ask benefit, to an only if you fill out the paperwork benefit. The quality has gone from a colorful and varied plate that actually looked like it came out of a professional kitchen to a plate of the same old same old that honestly looks like it was plated in a supply closet by the room stewards. I just can't believe that the canapé plate we were presented with on Reflection would have passed any sort of quality control as it left a kitchen.