Veranda question??

crazytomatoes

We are booked on the infinity for an Alaskan cruise in July 2015. We have 2 cabins 7180 and 7178 for my husband and I and our children ages 18 and 21. My question is, can the barrier between our two balconies be removed so that we can hang out together on our verandas? We are very excited as this will be our first balcony cabin. Also does anyone have pictures of the verandas or cabins? Thanks in advance! :)

We are booked on the infinity for an Alaskan cruise in July 2015. We have 2 cabins 7180 and 7178 for my husband and I and our children ages 18 and 21. My question is, can the barrier between our two balconies be removed so that we can hang out together on our verandas? We are very excited as this will be our first balcony cabin. Also does anyone have pictures of the verandas or cabins? Thanks in advance! :)
AFAIK you cannot open the balcony dividers, and they are not connecting cabins.

Those are nice, standard sized cabins in a good location, close to the aft elevators and stairs.

They have balconies that are slightly deeper than regular size, but there is a canopy extending out below them, covering the balconies of the suites below them which extend out further, if that is anything that would matter to you.

If you would rather have cabins of the same size in the same price range but with a larger balcony that does not have a canopy sticking out below it, maybe you can get a couple in the group nicknamed the "sweet sixteens" (the first 8 balcony cabins on each side of the ship on deck 6).

Those cabins have double-deep balconies that extend all the way out to the edge of the ship, so they provide totally unobstructed views looking down, forward and back.

But if not, the ones you mentioned are still very nice.

It is great to have a balcony for Alaska, and the Infinity will travel the Inside Passage providing you with scenic views from morning well into the night.

Unfortunately, there are only a few balconies with dividers that can be opened on the Infinity and her sister M-class ships, and those are only in the higher priced suite area.

Edited by fleckle

Here's a CC review with great pics of the Infinity and cabin #7178. Scroll down till you get to the reviewer boarding the ship and you'll see cabin pics. http://www.thepreismans.com/south_amer_infinty.htm We are booked in 7178 for the South American cruise in a few days.

Veranda of 7178

BG-11.jpg