Thrill seekers Pass (zipling & tubing Martha Brae) or Rose Hall Resort with kids?

rdevine10

Looking for our upcoming cruise in April. We have 2 kids who will be 9 and 12 at time of travel.

Rose Hall is a resort/beach day. Seems fun but VERY pricey. We just went to the Atlantis last August- and this seems nice but not nearly worth the cost.

Thrill Seekers Pass at the Good Hope Estate- ziplining and River tubing on the Martha Brae. I have searched and searched but cannot find a review of this excursion. Anyone zip line there before? How mild or thrilling is the zip lining? We would prefer something more on the mild side for the 9 year old.

Help! Any input appreciated!

Looking for our upcoming cruise in April. We have 2 kids who will be 9 and 12 at time of travel.

Rose Hall is a resort/beach day. Seems fun but VERY pricey. We just went to the Atlantis last August- and this seems nice but not nearly worth the cost.

Thrill Seekers Pass at the Good Hope Estate- ziplining and River tubing on the Martha Brae. I have searched and searched but cannot find a review of this excursion. Anyone zip line there before? How mild or thrilling is the zip lining? We would prefer something more on the mild side for the 9 year old.

Help! Any input appreciated!

We have personally done the ziplining/ river tubing excursion in (2013).

Some pros and cons.

First of all Pros

1. It was great, alot of guides and safety was never an issue.

2. Safety gear and helmets, gloves and rafts were very clean.

3. Zip line is awesome, about 7 runs with 2 surprises:D

4. I have a fear of heights and they helped me, once I did first zip line there was no stopping me.

5. The river was calm, minimal white water, hot day very refreshing.

6. No spiders

7. Gave excellent talk while rafting very educational if they were lying they were good.

8. Stopped on the way of rafting to swim.

9. The jerk chicken lunch was cooked well, and was a nice meal.

10. Public facilities were clean and changing rooms private.

11. $8 for locker rental no problems

Cons:

1. Too much down time between a double excursion.

We waited 90 after the zip line and our meal to do the second part the river rafting. The guides split the group in two and we had to wait for the other group to come back and switch places.

2. DH wanted more food, but they did not offer, he was still hungry.

3. When everything was done it was 5 pm. No buses, they wanted us to go and see and buy the pictures they took of us............some of the families got very hostile and told them to call the buses, one arrived.

Mad dash for 125 people to get on one bus that seated 50 people. We made it on that bus ( I had my broom:D)

Got back to port after 6 pm. Little time to shop.

4. The bus driver on the way back was very intimidating talking over 20 min on how tips should be provided and enough to be shared with ALL the workers who were with us.

5. You are on Jamaica time and nothing moves fast.

I would do either the zip line or the river rafting again, but by itself.

In fact in 2014 we just zipped and were back at port by 3pm

Safety was never an issue.

They just need to be more organized and not be so aggressive when asking for tips.

Safe Journey

We just returned from our cruise that started Dec 28th. We did the thrill seekers pass from Montego Bay. We were in port from 9-5. We were asked to be in the theatre on ship at 8:45. At 9:45 we got off the ship. At 10:15 we left port. At 11:15 we finally arrived. It is relatively close to Falmouth - that would have been a better port to do this excursion from. We did the challenge course first. My kids are 11, 13 and 16. We all loved it. It wasn't overly challenging but it was a lot of fun. Then we had to change gear to zip line. This is where things got a little hectic. Our group was interrupted by another group wanting to zip line leaving 10 of us geared up and ready to go and the rest still in line waiting behind this other group of 20 or so. I was asking one of the workers what was going on b/c we wanted to be sure to do everything. Of course they just kept replying, "No worries Man." Then they laughed when I told them our ship was sailing at 4:30 - "You have plenty of time, no worries man." DOn't think they realized we'd have to leave by 3 to be back on time! So I finally said, "No worries man, no tips." Suddenly, their was our guide bringing the 10 of us to an air conditioned van and he drove us past the other group that was walking to the zip line and put us in front of them. Don't know what happened to the remainder of our group. We then did 3 zip lines. They were AWESOME! When we finished that a bus was waiting to take the 10 of us to the river for tubing. We were plopped in the river with a guide and that was a pretty cool experience too. When we finished that we were given a ride back to the beginning. So it's now 2pm. We haven't eaten since 7:45. We haven't done the rum tasting. We haven't done the plantation tour. We haven't done the horse and buggy ride. But, there is a bus supposedly ready to take us back if we want to leave now. We decide, that we might as well head back, b/c really did we have enough time to do these other things? So we get on the bus (without looking at the pictures they took or buying any food.) We are then sitting there for 50 minutes while they try to fill it! We kept asking how long b/c we'd get off…but they kept saying no worries man. It was so frustrating. We finally left at 2:50 for our hour ride back to Montego Bay…we ate lunch back on the ship at 4:30…dinner at 5:30. I did explain what happened to the shore excursion desk and they did get me a 15% discount. Most on our bus were furious. It would seem that they didn't even get to do three of the activities and hadn't had time to eat either. Our day was 8:45-4:15 and we had about an hours worth of actual excursion. That hour was awesome, but not worth 7 hours of my time. SO, I would say this could be a GREAT excursion if you are docked in Falmouth, and have a long day in port. Hope that helps!