Interior Vs Promenade

We did that room once and would not do it again. It was too noisy for me. Not all time but enough to be a problem.

To be fair I am a light sleeper, but even with earplugs some nights it was too loud.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can I ask if you found the noise to be in the morning or at night? That is my one concern as I am the same (light sleeper and use ear plugs)....but if morning, it's not a concern as we get up early. If at night...it depends on what time.

For those who've not stayed in Promenade cabins, I believe that there are two curtains in the room, a sheer curtain which obscures visibility into the cabin but allows light in, and a solid curtain which grants complete privacy and blocks light.

We've often found that closing the sheer curtains provide us sufficient privacy for most of the day when we still want the light from the Royal Promenade.

Nice explanation Daghis, besides my wife doesn't mind showing off if the guys want to look woo hoo!:D

We have sailed in promenade rooms on each of the Freedom Class Ships. For a younger active couple we love them. They are very quiet (No noise thru the windows that we hear) are centrally located in the ship and offer light into the room when you want it. Deck 6 is great for being able to grab a quick snack from the promenade without investing much time. So for me its a better deal than a lower deck 2/3 outside view. That said I'm booked for a balcony next month since the price was worth it. Still Deck 7 though:p

Edited by jeditden

Can I ask if you found the noise to be in the morning or at night? That is my one concern as I am the same (light sleeper and use ear plugs)....but if morning, it's not a concern as we get up early. If at night...it depends on what time.

We have sailed twice on the FOS in a PR cabin, deck 6. The only time we barely heard any noise was during the evening parade. I do not feel you will have any difficulty with noise.

Edited by retiredgram

We have sailed twice on the FOS in a PR cabin, deck 6. The only time we barely heard any noise was during the evening parade. I do not feel you will have any difficulty with noise.

Thanks. Thanks for the reassurance. Good to hear. Hopefully the same on the Allure.

We had a promenade room on the Freedom a few years ago. It was our fifth cruise and the only time that we had not chosen a balcony cabin.

Although it was interesting to have a bird's eye view of the activities below, I'm not sure that I would repeat the experience. We were sailing with two other couples and from time to time they would join us in our cabin to watch the parades and performances, but the atmosphere was not the same as actually being where the action is.

One thing that I do remember distinctly is that the lights on the promenade remained quite bright until late into the night, and even though the curtains were drawn, some of the light still seeped through along the edges. It was like trying to sleep with a street light outside the bedroom window.

I think it all comes down to personal preference and pricing.

So I called my TA for something else and the promenade room was legitimately only $6 more with my resident and EMS rate. I upgraded to cabin 8237 for a total price of $1191.12 including taxes and fees.

That's an excellent upgrade price for a PR. :)

Sigh!!! This is connecting. I specifically said no connecting. Will have to call back.

At least you have the price locked in now. You should be able to move to any other available PR for no change in price.

It was always at night. Usually we stay up until at least midnight, but a couple nights I went to be earlier and then it could be a problem, especially the nights they do the parties.

Sent from my iPad using Forums