Grand LA Hawaii March 4 Mah Jongg?

ope you find some partners. On the ship there is usually a book for people looking for others to join in different games. It is usually in either the Card Room or the Library.

Thanks for the information, Paul. So far no takers. It's early so you never know. Cheers!

i'm so glad you can play! Now we need at least one more. Don't forget to bring your 2014 card. I'll bring my tiles, racks and dice. The case will be too heavy so I'll use a ziplock bag for the tiles. Have you joined our roll call? We have lots of events planned; our first is a meet and greet at 10 a.m. in the One5 nightclub on our first day at sea. I hope to meet you there. You can also stop by the cabin. Susie and I are in A206 on Aloha deck. If we're not there, please leave a note. I look forward to playing with you!! Two weeks without maj would have been tough!

Victoria

Yes I we are signed up for the meet and greet so I look forward to meeting you then. The only event we haven't signed up for is the cabin crawl. I've made a note of your cabin. Unfortunately we are still waiting our cabin assignment. We are on guarantee balcony status and they are taking their time assigning our cabin # (frustrating!) Will let you know as soon as we know!

Looking forward to our wonderful adventure!

Yes I we are signed up for the meet and greet so I look forward to meeting you then. The only event we haven't signed up for is the cabin crawl. I've made a note of your cabin. Unfortunately we are still waiting our cabin assignment. We are on guarantee balcony status and they are taking their time assigning our cabin # (frustrating!) Will let you know as soon as we know!

Looking forward to our wonderful adventure!

With a guarantee, Princess can assign your cabin at any time up to and including when you arrive at check in. I have known people who got theirs from the porter when checking their luggage.

Yes I Play. Can't bring my set, traveling to LA from Ft Lauderdale. Can you bring yours?

Sent from my M97 using Forums mobile app

One of two reminders! Don't forget your 2014 card! I'm going to teach Susie so there will be at least three of us. Still looking for a fourth! See you at the M&G!

I won't forget my card. Still waiting for our cabin assignment and hoping that the longer it goes an upgrade might be more likely. I'll be very happy with my category BF guarantee. We'll see.......

Looking forward to the Meet and Greet too!

I played mahjongg on the Hawaii cruise 2 years ago, just met up with others wanting to play. There should be sets on board, although sometimes you do have to make sure they are complete. They are kept in the library area and we were able to sign one out for the duration of the trip. There is a book in the same area where you can sign up that you want to play, however the Princess Patter usually lists playing time and location. Not sure if Princess does this automatically or if a passenger needs to ask for it to be mentioned. Anyway, some of the cruise director staff can do this for you. You can play in most public spaces at any time of the day, not just in the designated area, but initially that is where people will first go. Have fun!

I played mahjongg on the Hawaii cruise 2 years ago, just met up with others wanting to play. There should be sets on board, although sometimes you do have to make sure they are complete. They are kept in the library area and we were able to sign one out for the duration of the trip. There is a book in the same area where you can sign up that you want to play, however the Princess Patter usually lists playing time and location. Not sure if Princess does this automatically or if a passenger needs to ask for it to be mentioned. Anyway, some of the cruise director staff can do this for you. You can play in most public spaces at any time of the day, not just in the designated area, but initially that is where people will first go. Have fun!

Dear shipscat, thank you so much for the info! I'm addicted to maj and have been for over ten years. To play with people I don't know, and on a ship, is something I'm really looking forward to!

I appreciate your reply!

Victoria

• 11 months later...

I would love to play American Mahj on the March 4-20, 2016 cruise from SF to Hawaii. I live in the SF Bay Area and will bring my tile set and extra cards. Two years ago I was not able to find a game since most of the travelers were not playing American mahj. I play at an intermediate level and have been known to help beginners. I will bring cards for 2014 and 2015. Wouldn't it be fun to use the new cards... I guess we will have to wait until the cruise is over.

Thanks, Cindy in Cabin (C-642)