Kids VIP Pass on Celebrity

The Mexillents

Does anyone know how much the kids VIP pass is on Celebrity? Traveling with our 5 yr old and may want to get it for him.

Thanks.

Remember to always enjoy your cruise, and don't sweat the small stuff.

I believe it was for $150 or so. Kids club is free (and very good) but for some reason they charge you $6.00 per hour to take you kid for lunch and for dinner . Very strange for me, no other line dose it . They feed kids with junk food so you know . $6.00 charge is from 10 pm – 1 am also. My DD usually goes to sleep after 10p.m. so no need in this as well for us. See how it’s go first if you really need it. WE did not found it any useful for us.

It is only necessary if you plan to have your kids in there during normal closed hours. The kids club operates for free 9am-12pm + 2pm-5pm + 7pm-10pm. If you want them to take your kid for lunch or dinner (they take them to the buffet and your kid gets to choose whatever they want) or stay after 10pm then its $6 per hour per child. The VIP pass gets you as many of the $6 sessions as you want.

We found it not necessary and enjoyed our time as a family during the hours where a fee applied. Our son wanted to be in there all the time, so it was nice to say "it's closed right now" and enjoy some family time too.

BTW they also have a rule that no kid can be in there for more than 6 consecutive hours, without having an hour off, so if you attend say the morning session 9am-12pm, then pay $12 for them to go to lunch with the councilors for 2 hours, they can only attend 1 hour of the afternoon free session without having time out. They will miss more of the planned (free) activities in the afternoon

Last Spring we paid $100 per child and although they stayed with us for dinner every night and lunch most days, we loved the ability to let them go there after dinner while we leisurely finished with coffees and desserts, then went on to shows or dancing. They play movies late night and have pajama and popcorn parties, my kids LOVED it! WELL worth it. Plus they got backstage tours, backpack bags filled with many goodies, including t-shirts and headphones they still love wearing and fun money to buy toys in a last day auction.

• 1 year later...
It depends on the length of the cruise. It was $150 on our 14 night on Solstice in November

Just wondering when you purchased the Kids VIP Pass? On board or before hand?

Edited by rebelle23
Fix grammar

Just curious - What types of tours are included?

And a question about the $6 fee. I can't recall the specifics from our last cruise, but I believe whether the fee was charged in the evening depended on what time the ship left port. Not that it's a huge deal, as we do not intend to have the kids dine with the kids club. We are taking this trip so that we can spend time together as a family, after all! What we did with DD last time was drop her off for the first hour of the dinner period, when they colored and played games, so that we could go to the Elite cocktail hour, then picked her up at 6pm and wandered around a bit before our dinner reservation.

I have thought about getting DD the pass, but really wonder what the goodies and tours they receive are like, and whether they are worth the charge since we don't intend to use the paid hours of the kids club all that often.

Does anyone know how much the kids VIP pass is on Celebrity? Traveling with our 5 yr old and may want to get it for him.

Thanks.

Last couple of cruises it was $100 per child.

We got it for both of our kids on our 12 nighter 2 years ago. It was about $120 each and included a tour of the theater, a bridge tour, and something else that I'm not remembering. Since our little one was only 3 and there were so few kids on board, we were invited to go too. I've spent a good deal of my life on and around a stage so didn't do the theater one, but both DH and I went with the kids to the bridge (very interesting).

They also get a bag with a towel, beach ball, water bottle, and some other stuff.

Is it worth it? That will depend on your needs.

To us it was because the kids loved the kids club (crying when we would "force them" on-shore, for a break with us, or at bedtime. We also had really long days with late dining and we could make sure they were taken care of and having a good time without DH and I having to rush dinner. We usually would meet them and the kids club girls for 1st dinner at the buffet.

We did the math and it would have ended up more per day without the pass.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457036450.167955.jpg.b398befa1955833aa9a725cde7757b87.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457036421.785799.jpg.83142dc0e50844d40555a0b4800f9936.jpg

Edited by Syrreal

Is it worth it? That will depend on your needs.

We're just hoping that our DD enjoys kids club and is happy to go, I'm sure she will be and I like the idea of not having to rush through dinner with my husband and enjoying our evenings.

Our DS will be 12 so I'm more worried about him now being able to find some friends his own age to hang out with.

We've got a long wait to our cruise and I know I've just got to stop sweating the small stuff as there's not much else to organise - unlike our usual land based holidays where it can takes months of researching and planning. We also usually have get zero adult time - the prospect of kids club is just so ultra exciting.

We're just hoping that our DD enjoys kids club and is happy to go, I'm sure she will be and I like the idea of not having to rush through dinner with my husband and enjoying our evenings.

Our DS will be 12 so I'm more worried about him now being able to find some friends his own age to hang out with.

We've got a long wait to our cruise and I know I've just got to stop sweating the small stuff as there's not much else to organise - unlike our usual land based holidays where it can takes months of researching and planning. We also usually have get zero adult time - the prospect of kids club is just so ultra exciting.

Just a thought: It really helps joining the roll call if you haven't already. There may be other parents posting there and they could hook up their kids with yours ahead of time and they can FB each other in preparation for the cruise. Also, you can try just posting on Celebrity's FB page calling out to other parents on your cruise date and see if that helps. If he can make a connection ahead of time, it'll help once he's onboard.

We're on the Solstice next year (2017) in March so it's a long wait. It's kind of doing my head in booking so far in advance but it gives us plenty of time to save for the cruise.

There's only 8 members on the roll call so far - hopefully it'll get busier when it gets closer and I'll keep an eye out for other members with kids though.

Thanks.

Celebrity's VIP Pass is a unique opportunity for children to have unlimited access to all program activities. The one time VIP Pass fee offers families over a 40% savings off the cost of individual Lunch, Dinner, and Slumber parties. In addition to this, VIP Pass holders are the only children who will be given an exclusive Fun Factory goodies bag and have access to the Fun Factory behind-the-scenes experiences.

The VIP Program provides access to:

• All Program activities (Lunch, Dinner, and Slumber parties)
  • Lanyard
  • Exclusive goodie bag with Fun Factory souvenirs
  • Bridge Tour, where the Captain drives the ship (6-11 year olds)
  • Backstage Tour with the cast and costumes (6-11 year olds)

Although the pricing for the pass varies per cruise (more expensive on port intensive itineraries because of group baby-sitting costs), the average costs are the following:

• 7 day cruise range: $75.00 - $125.00
  • 10 days of more: $125.00 - $175.00

In March you should have a higher probability of having more kids and more opportunities for your 12 year old to find some friends.

My first cruise, my brother in law was about 14 or 15 and he found a little group to hang out with too.

All of them tend to flock to each other and make little bands of preteens or teenagers.

All of them tend to flock to each other and make little bands of preteens or teenagers.

That sounds great... I'm sure he'll be fine and will find someone to hang out with. No point me worrying about it, is there?