Brilliance 5 nt (Key West, Cozumel) Questions

I am going on Brilliance at the end of February. Yay! It will be my second time on the ship, but it sounds like she's changed a lot--and I don't really remember a lot from the first time. I have looked through the threads and still have some questions:

1. We stop in Key West the day after leaving Tampa. Will there be a passport check or will we be able to get right off the ship?

2. Is the Park Cafe like the one on Oasis? I love their roast beef sandwiches, so I'm hoping so! :) I understand it's located in the Solarium, correct?

3. Does anyone have a recent Compass for this sailing?

4. I've read different takes on this: Is there a Coke Freestyle machine onboard?

5. Rita's Cantina: Does this cost extra? Do you need reservations, or is it just a casual kind of thing like Park Cafe? How's the food?

Any other tips are appreciated. I think that's it for now. Thanks!!

Park Cafe is very similar to the one on Oasis, including the roast beef sandwiches.

No Freestyle machine on Brilliance.

Rita's Cantina is extra cost, charged by the item.

Edited by clarea

I am going on Brilliance at the end of February. Yay! It will be my second time on the ship, but it sounds like she's changed a lot--and I don't really remember a lot from the first time. I have looked through the threads and still have some questions:

1. We stop in Key West the day after leaving Tampa. Will there be a passport check or will we be able to get right off the ship?

2. Is the Park Cafe like the one on Oasis? I love their roast beef sandwiches, so I'm hoping so! :) I understand it's located in the Solarium, correct?

4. I've read different takes on this: Is there a Coke Freestyle machine onboard?

5. Rita's Cantina: Does this cost extra? Do you need reservations, or is it just a casual kind of thing like Park Cafe? How's the food?

2. The Park Cafe is not as large as on the Oasis nor is the roast beef as good. Yes, it's in the Solarium.

4. No Freestyle machines on Brilliance (as of This past November)

No passport check in KW, you just walk right off.

Yes, there is one in the Solarium. Mostly the same food offerings, but as others have said, the quality of the RB sandwiches seems to be better on the Oasis Class ships for some reason.

Unfortunately no.

Not that I can remember.

It's only open in the evenings, during the day it's just extra Windjammer seating. Yes, it is pay extra. No cover charge, just menu pricing. It's rarely busy since they don't advertise it very well, I doubt you'll need a res.

Hope that helps. I'll be on her for the 1/31 sailing. I may post a brief summary when I get back if there is anything new since last season. There is a pictorial review of one of my cruises on her linked in my signature if you'd like to check it out. Have a great cruise!

Hope that helps. I'll be on her for the 1/31 sailing. I may post a brief summary when I get back if there is anything new since last season. There is a pictorial review of one of my cruises on her linked in my signature if you'd like to check it out. Have a great cruise!

I just read your pictorial review--wow. Thank you so much!!! I am going to send it to my BF. He's never been on a cruise, so he's asking me tons of questions, and I think this will really give him a better idea of what it will be like.

I must admit I laughed at your comment about the equipment for the aerial act. :) Do you remember what night that show is?

Thanks again! Have a great cruise too.

I just read your pictorial review--wow. Thank you so much!!! I am going to send it to my BF. He's never been on a cruise, so he's asking me tons of questions, and I think this will really give him a better idea of what it will be like.

I must admit I laughed at your comment about the equipment for the aerial act. :) Do you remember what night that show is?

Thanks again! Have a great cruise too.

I don't recall which night it was, but they usually put out a good bit of notice when they're going to do one since it's a popular feature. There should at least be an announcement in the Cruise Compass that day.

It seems like they usually do the aerial show on days when the ship has been in port. This is likely so the cast can practice in the atrium without spoiling the show for everyone. If you're ever on board during a port day you might see them in regular clothes going through a rehearsal.

I was on Brilliance 11/22-27 and will be going on her again on 1/17. Although they had it all set up, the aerial show was cancelled due to rough seas. I saw it two weeks later on Vision and wasn't wowed. The 70's disco show in the Centrum is a don't miss, though.

Rita's Cantina WAS open in the afternoon but it's just a little place carved out of the Windjammer and completely open to those going to the buffet. As a result, many of the people sitting in Rita's were simply eating buffet food.

There are only a few choices for food and they are very inexpensive, such as $2.50 for loaded nachos. They also have several times for 2 for 1 margaritas.